Guides, maps, GPS tips for cycling in Lowestoft area?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 09, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Eric[_4_]

Default Guides, maps, GPS tips for cycling in Lowestoft area?

Hello everyone,

This summer we're going on holiday to Lowestoft and I think I'll take
my recumbent bicycle with me. I love cycling, but I hate stopping
to look at the map all the time (being a spoilt Dutch cyclist).
Last 2 times I tried cycling in the UK I had a hard time finding my
way
and when I just followed the signs, I ended up on the busy roads.

My OS Landranger (1:50,000) maps are a bit overwhelming in detail.
It would be ideal to have a map where smaller roads and cycle paths
are 'in the foreground' and where less suitable, busy roads/highways
are 'in the background'. Good 'pre-cooked' route-descriptions would
work well for me as well.

What guides/books and/or maps can you recommend for the Lowestoft
area?
I won't be making long distance tours, probably max. 50 km roundtrips.

I might even buy a GPS (with voice instructions?) to make it even
easier.
Any tips on hardware/software/GPS maps for this area?

Best regards,

Eric

Tips for cycling holiday in Bath area Jumpinjarhead UK 35 December 24th 08 09:26 AM
Hallo! Anyone knows, where I can buy good cycling maps(guides) in London? klimek UK 7 May 7th 06 06:56 PM
Cycling maps Danny Colyer UK 8 August 5th 05 11:42 PM
TfL cycling maps Orienteer UK 5 June 9th 04 08:22 AM
Maps for cycling Simonb UK 8 November 12th 03 11:53 PM