habitat

Old July 21st 11, 08:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
RonSonic

Default habitat

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Jul 15, 10:03 am, "Ronsonic" wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

On Jul 14, 1:02 pm, Peter Cole wrote:

Can't you read? "horses evolved in North America, and hence arguably
have the right to go wherever they want to". Did you flunk grade school
English, as well?

I read what you wrote. Horses were extinct in North America until introduced
some 500 years ago. Now if you want to argue that they were re-introduced,
you could, but you'd have to explain the differences between the fossil
record and the horses that are out there now. Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

I agree with you on a philosophic basis, bikes are indeed inanimate and if
ever see one out on a trail on its own, I'll order it off the trail.

There is no right to bring a bike onto a trail.

Why ever do you say such a silly thing. I have every right to ride the
trails.

Old July 21st 11, 12:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 7/21/2011 3:34 AM, Ronsonic wrote:
Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

That's being done in the US.
Old July 21st 11, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jul 21, 12:34*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

On Jul 15, 10:03 am, "Ronsonic" wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

On Jul 14, 1:02 pm, Peter Cole wrote:
Can't you read? "horses evolved in North America, and hence arguably
have the right to go wherever they want to". Did you flunk grade school
English, as well?

I read what you wrote. Horses were extinct in North America until introduced
some 500 years ago. Now if you want to argue that they were re-introduced,
you could, but you'd have to explain the differences between the fossil
record and the horses that are out there now.

Why? We just returned something that should never have been killed in
the first place.

Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

Yes, of course.

I agree with you on a philosophic basis, bikes are indeed inanimate and if
ever see one out on a trail on its own, I'll order it off the trail.
There is no right to bring a bike onto a trail.

Why ever do you say such a silly thing. I have every right to ride the
trails.

BS. There is no "right" to mountain bike. That was settled by a
federal court in 1994: http://mjvande.nfshost.com/mtb10.htm.
Old July 21st 11, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Radey Shouman

Peter Cole writes:

On 7/21/2011 3:34 AM, Ronsonic wrote:
Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

That's being done in the US.

And beavers have been reintroduced in Scotland, after being gone
hundreds of years.
Old July 21st 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
AMuzi

-snip snip-

Ronsonic wrote:
Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

You may have meant that as hyperbole.

Assholes did exactly that to us in Wisconsin. Really.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old July 21st 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/21/2011 10:55 AM, A. Muzi wrote:
-snip snip-

Ronsonic wrote:
Shall we release some wolves into England and tell the locals it's
okay, they belong there.

You may have meant that as hyperbole.

Assholes did exactly that to us in Wisconsin. Really.

People from Chicago released wolves in Wisconsin?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old July 22nd 11, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jul 21, 8:34*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:

Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

Of course we should. It could be pretty entertaining. Quite how
gruesomely entertaining, you can read in my short story "The
Survivor". Don't get it from Amazon; you have to pay on Amazon. Get it
from Smashwords free of charge
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72627

Come to think of it, another free short, in "Two Shorts"
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/73667
has a hi-fi connection...

Andre Jute
Visit Jute on Bicycles at
http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLING.html
Old July 25th 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jul 25, 1:37*am, mike fee wrote:
In article c807c83b-c7db-4003-923f-
, says... On Jul 21, 8:34*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:

Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

Of course we should. It could be pretty entertaining. Quite how
gruesomely entertaining, you can read in my short story "The
Survivor". Don't get it from Amazon; you have to pay on Amazon. Get it
from Smashwords free of charge
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72627

Now that is just wonderful, Andre. I have seldom been more entertained
or bemused than I was while perusing the first page of your 'outwrite'.
In my experience, prose of similar quality to yours is seldom found in
the public domain.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story Mike. I give away free books and short
pieces all the time as promotion; it generates word of mouth. If you,
or any other RBTer, want to read the novel, IDITAROD, from which The
Survivor is an outwrite, write to info at coolmainpress with the
commercial extension with the title of the book in the subject line
and Gemma will send you a 100% off coupon to use at Smashwords.

It raises intriguing questions, such as: precisely how many limbs do
awkward teenagers usually have?, and; does a plane impacting on frozen
soil really make that noise - or are your teeth special?

Ha! Another writer was also stopped by teenagers with too many limbs.
See, an outwrite is in a much rawer state than the text in a novel,
which is obsessively rewritten and polished. In a sense, the readers
of an outwrite are its copy-editors. In a while I'll update the story
with solutions to all the valid difficulties reported to me, including
images that stop readers when that isn't my intention, and eventually
it will be as polished, and flow as smoothly, as the novel itself.

Try dragging your finger across your hair when you've just washed it,
or against your teeth when you've just brushed them. You'll hear the
squeak of cleanliness.

Andre Jute
Visit Andre's books
http://coolmainpress.com/andrejute.html

[OT] habitat SMS Techniques 128 July 28th 11 06:43 AM
habitat RobertH Mountain Biking 34 July 28th 11 06:43 AM
habitat RobertH Mountain Biking 8 July 22nd 11 08:43 AM
habitat SMS Mountain Biking 0 July 20th 11 08:55 AM