Yet another cyclist ploughs into a parked car.

Old January 20th 20, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Yet another cyclist ploughs into a parked car.

In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision with a
parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and life-threatening
injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he remains.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409
Old January 20th 20, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 20/01/2020 15:33, MrCheerful wrote:
In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision with a
parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and life-threatening
injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he remains.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

Another sad cyclist story from the group's saddest poster.

--
Bod
Old January 20th 20, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bod wrote:
On 20/01/2020 15:33, MrCheerful wrote:
In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision
with a parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and
life-threatening injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he
remains.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

Another sad cyclist story from the group's saddest poster.

********!
If it was not posts from people like Mr Cheerful and people such as myself
this group would be dead.
We keep this group alive and well you know that.
Cyclists cannot stand criticism. They get all upset. Little snowflakes.

Old January 20th 20, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 20/01/2020 16:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bod wrote:
[...]

Strange that I've never had any problems with cyclists in the 55

years of driving cars/motorbikes/lorries/vans and bicycles.
In my experience it has always been drivers pulling out of side roads
without looking properly that caused the most dangerous situations.

--
Bod
Old January 20th 20, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bod wrote:
On 20/01/2020 15:33, MrCheerful wrote:
In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing
for witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision
with a parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and
life-threatening injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he
remains.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

Another sad cyclist story from the group's saddest poster.

********!
If it was not posts from people like Mr Cheerful and people such as
myself this group would be dead.
We keep this group alive and well you know that.
Cyclists cannot stand criticism. They get all upset. Little
snowflakes. Strange that I've never had any problems with cyclists in the
55

years of driving cars/motorbikes/lorries/vans and bicycles.
In my experience it has always been drivers pulling out of side roads
without looking properly that caused the most dangerous situations.

Replies like your load of very limited driving experience keep this group
alive.
**** you Ron, and a happy new year.

Old January 21st 20, 05:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 20/01/2020 21:08, Mr Flounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:

In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision with a
parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and life-threatening
injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he remains.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

You're a bit vulnerable at 65 years old and riding a bike. I've had
two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate
cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than
a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, out of
breath and subject to blackouts. I have bouts of dementia, poor
circulation and can hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. I can't
remember if I'm 85 or 92 and I've lost all my friends. But, thank
God, I still have my driver's licence.

ROTFPML

--
Bod

Old January 21st 20, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

MrCheerful wrote:

[...]

So you lie on your licence renewals, well done, you must be proud.
Old January 21st 20, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

MrCheerful wrote:

In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision with a
parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and life-threatening
injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he remains.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

You're a bit vulnerable at 65 years old and riding a bike.Â* I've had
two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate
cancer and diabetes.Â* I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than
a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, out of
breath and subject to blackouts.Â* I have bouts of dementia, poor
circulation and can hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.Â* I can't
remember if I'm 85 or 92 and I've lost all my friends.Â* But, thank
God, I still have my driver's licence.

So you lie on your licence renewals, well done, you must be proud.

Hmm! so you don't understand humour. I'm not surprised.

--
Bod
Old February 4th 20, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/01/2020 15:33, MrCheerful wrote:

In a statement, a spokesman for the force said: "We are appealing for
witnesses to a collision between a cyclist and a parked car on
Littondale near the junction with Cotterdale, Hull, on Wednesday,
January 15 at around 2pm.

"A 65-year-old male cyclist is believed to have been in collision with a
parked car (a black Mini) and sustained serious and life-threatening
injuries. He was admitted to hospital where he remains.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-mini-3756409

It was the car's fault, I expect.