Of course we already know this fact

Old January 21st 20, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Of course we already know this fact

When responses were analysed, cyclists were regarded as 13 per cent more
intelligent than other sports people. And people also believed cyclists
were, on average, 13 per cent cooler than those who did other sports.

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-n...w-study-finds/
--
Bod
Old January 21st 20, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 3:03:30 PM UTC, Bod wrote:
When responses were analysed, cyclists were regarded as 13 per cent more
intelligent than other sports people. And people also believed cyclists
were, on average, 13 per cent cooler than those who did other sports.

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-n...w-study-finds/
--
Bod

Which makes them "considerably richer than yow" as Medwit used to say.
Old January 21st 20, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 15:03:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

When responses were analysed,

"participation levels have grown to record highs "

Hmm.. "Posted on: January 11th, 2014" Perhaps the "more intelligent"
was a bit premature?

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

Old January 22nd 20, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 21/01/2020 22:01, Peter Parry wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 15:03:28 +0000, Bod wrote:

When responses were analysed,

"participation levels have grown to record highs "

Hmm.. "Posted on: January 11th, 2014" Perhaps the "more intelligent"
was a bit premature?

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

Quite possibly from the insufferable amount of potholes.

Most roads are becoming like minefields.
It's one of the reasons why I've reduced my cycling dramatically.
--
Bod
Old January 22nd 20, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 21/01/2020 22:01, Peter Parry wrote:

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

That's the trouble. People think cycling to the shops is a sport.

Old January 22nd 20, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:20:49 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/01/2020 22:01, Peter Parry wrote:

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

That's the trouble. People think cycling to the shops is a sport.

My cycle to work and back was 24 miles, but my time trials were only 10 miles.
Old January 22nd 20, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:20:49 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/01/2020 22:01, Peter Parry wrote:

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

That's the trouble. People think cycling to the shops is a sport.

My cycle to work and back was 24 miles, but my time trials were only
10 miles.

I would not have liked to sit next to you in a office. You must have stank.
Or did BP offer you a free shower, soap and a towel? In company time of
course.

Old January 22nd 20, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 6:37:23 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:20:49 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/01/2020 22:01, Peter Parry wrote:

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

That's the trouble. People think cycling to the shops is a sport.

My cycle to work and back was 24 miles, but my time trials were only
10 miles.

I would not have liked to sit next to you in a office. You must have stank.
Or did BP offer you a free shower, soap and a towel? In company time of
course.

I got a shower before I went to work and was so fit that the only people who stank were the lardy car drivers in the smoking cabin having coffees in an attempt to jump start their flabby bodies into life, while I got straight to work.
Old January 22nd 20, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:20:49 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/01/2020 22:01, Peter Parry wrote:

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

That's the trouble. People think cycling to the shops is a sport.

My cycle to work and back was 24 miles, but my time trials were only
10 miles.

I would not have liked to sit next to you in a office. You must have
stank. Or did BP offer you a free shower, soap and a towel? In
company time of course.

I got a shower before I went to work and was so fit that the only
people who stank were the lardy car drivers in the smoking cabin
having coffees in an attempt to jump start their flabby bodies into
life, while I got straight to work.

Yeah, you went straight to work, and spent most of your time posting here.

Old January 23rd 20, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 22/01/2020 17:58, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:20:49 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/01/2020 22:01, Peter Parry wrote:

The latest Sport England's Active Lives survey showed cycling
continues to decline.

That's the trouble. People think cycling to the shops is a sport.

My cycle to work and back was 24 miles, but my time trials were only
10 miles.

Cycling to work (whatever the distance) also isn't sport. My point being
that people using bikes for daily activities is outside the remit of an
organisation calling itself "Sport England".

Fact Stranger than Fiction Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 1 February 3rd 12 11:13 PM
One fact about Jonathan Page Kurgan Gringioni Racing 3 January 10th 06 11:25 PM
Fact checking TheoELind Unicycling 5 September 5th 05 05:13 AM
Comebacks after the fact. mscalisi Unicycling 7 March 19th 04 08:15 AM
An Interesting Fact Murde Mental Unicycling 4 November 16th 03 11:05 PM