Landis revelations : pieces of the puzzle falling into place...LA's 2009 TDF blood profile explained ?

Old May 28th 10, 08:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas Fred

Default Landis revelations : pieces of the puzzle falling into place...LA's2009 TDF blood profile explained ?

Fred Flintstein wrote:
A. Dumas Fred wrote:
Fred Flintstein wrote:
I've got a medal from Elite Nationals that I won on a frame
that I paid $20 for used. It's a Bridgestone track frame
which I imagine hasn't been imported for several decades.
I'm guessing it was 15-20 years old at the time I took my
medal.

What colour medal? If not gold then you know the next reply.

It was bronze

If only you had used a better frame.
Old May 28th 10, 10:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty Munro

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:
Whatever happened to Tugboat?

I promised not to reveal his facebook address.
Old May 28th 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default There is NOTHING new here! Get over it, right or wrong, Floyd is NOT credible

On Thu, 27 May 2010 20:56:13 -0700 (PDT), DA74
wrote:

Thanks for the hot tip Miss Marple. But let me clue you in on a little
bit of crime 101 - There is nothing to investigate unless someone
makes an allegation of a crime. Floyd is the one who just opened the
door.

Hardly. The basis of an investigation can start from many sources
other than an allegation of a crime.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 28th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
marco

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Nothing has changed.

Floyd has said nothing, not one thing, that hasn't been said by others
before... snip

I'm cumming late to this circle jerk, so forgive me if this has been
mentioned already... You say nothing is new, but as far as WADA & USADA are
concerned, something has definitely changed, namely they have an eye witness
to the drug use. According to their criteria for prosecution, an eye witness
qualifies as direct evidence. Now of course you can argue validly that Floyd
is a massively tainted witness with poor credibility, but nonetheless, he's
the first to come forward and claim to have witnessed the actual acts in all
the sordid detail. That is new, is it not? Clearly those authorities think
something is new otherwise they wouldn't be revving up.

Old May 28th 10, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

On May 28, 8:27*am, "marco" wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Nothing has changed.

Floyd has said nothing, not one thing, that hasn't been said by others
before... snip

I'm cumming late to this circle jerk, so forgive me if this has been
mentioned already... You say nothing is new, but as far as WADA & USADA are
concerned, something has definitely changed, namely they have an eye witness
to the drug use. According to their criteria for prosecution, an eye witness
qualifies as direct evidence. Now of course you can argue validly that Floyd
is a massively tainted witness with poor credibility, but nonetheless, he's
the first to come forward and claim to have witnessed the actual acts in all
the sordid detail. That is new, is it not? Clearly those authorities think
something is new otherwise they wouldn't be revving up.

Thank you bro. He deals Treks so he's freaking out about this whole
thing. I'm trying to help him but he's hurt...so be gentle. It takes a
village.

-DA74
Old May 28th 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty[_3_]

On 5/28/2010 11:38 AM, DA74 wrote:
On May 28, 8:27 am, wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
[...]

But, in this village people get stoned. (pun intended)
Old May 28th 10, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On May 27, 3:46*pm, "K. Fred Gauss" wrote:
On 05/27/2010 12:40 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:

On May 27, 2:24 pm, Fred
wrote:
On 5/27/2010 1:59 PM, GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

Well, then that gets back to cycling not being an a sport of the pure
physical achievement of the human body like running, track and field, other
sports like soccer where they can't gain a tremendous edge like that, even
when a superstar has millions to throw at it. With cycling, there is the
potential for big gain in performance by finessing the science of that gear
and technology, which doesn't allow a fair playing field to those who are
dirt poor. It's who has the most money and connections who gets the best
edge in cycling, as where who runs the marathon is the guy with the best
legs, not the best cutting edge bikes and gear.

Dude,

I've got a medal from Elite Nationals that I won on a frame
that I paid $20 for used. It's a Bridgestone track frame
which I imagine hasn't been imported for several decades.
I'm guessing it was 15-20 years old at the time I took my
medal.

I did have modern wheels on it, but they were off the rack
HED wheels.

Guys like you are the reason companies put so much effort
into marketing.

Fred Flintstein

The give medals for being a cheap ******* now?

They don't just GIVE those away.- Hide quoted text -

Keep advertising you won a bronze on a $20 frame and Tiermeyer will
send his goons out to break your time trialing thumbs.
Old May 28th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"DA74" wrote in message

===============
Thank you bro. He deals Treks so he's freaking out about this whole
thing. I'm trying to help him but he's hurt...so be gentle. It takes a
village.

-DA74
===============

People overstate the role of Lance and Trek sales. During the first
three years, it was quite a ride. Since then, the effect has been more
global than local, with Lance increasing awareness of cycling in general
more so than Trek in particular. Yet the "tax" (cost of sponsoring Lance
and the two teams he's brought with him) is entirely upon Trek and its
dealers shoulders. Se la vie.

Hitching a ride on the Floyd train means you're willing to ignore the
complete and total lack of any corroborating evidence (so far at least),
ignore his willingness to suck the life's blood out of people to further
his own lies, and pretend that all this is new.

So far, nothing Floyd has said couldn't be constructed by any rbr
theorist, creating a scenario based upon prior well-known allegations.

As I said, it's amazing that there's no solid evidence, no camera phone
photos, to back up anything said so far. This wasn't 1990, when you had
to document events by writing them down or use a film camera or a Xerox
machine. All these events took place during an era of high-tech cell
phones (camera phones first became widespread in 2002, after Sanyo
introduced a number of them and everyone else followed quickly).

And the $$$ involved are considerable. Where did the money come from,
and where did it go? And which labs were supplying the very
sophisticated doping materials which absolutely could not have been
manufactured outside of a modern commercial laboratory?

So perhaps I should state it more clearly. There are no new FACTS that
have come forth. Just repeated allegations and scenarios to fit those
allegations, recently produced by a witness with an extreme lack of
credibility. And an amazing number of people suddenly willing to hitch a
ride on that person's train, despite what he has done to others close to
him, in attempts to feed his own ego and/or self-delusion.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old May 28th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

A. Dumas Fred wrote:
Fred Flintstein wrote:
A. Dumas Fred wrote:
Fred Flintstein wrote:
I've got a medal from Elite Nationals that I won on a frame
that I paid $20 for used. It's a Bridgestone track frame
which I imagine hasn't been imported for several decades.
I'm guessing it was 15-20 years old at the time I took my
medal.

What colour medal? If not gold then you know the next reply.

It was bronze

If only you had used a better frame.

Absolutely! Trek and Nike didn't give a **** about me.
It was a travesty, totally unfair.

As I think back on it, I benefited much more from
faster people having to quit racing and get jobs than
from faster people getting popped for dope. There were
quite a few of the former and none out of many
candidates of the latter.

Fred Flintstein
Old May 28th 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:

Thanks for the hot tip Miss Marple. But let me clue you in on a little
bit of crime 101 - There is nothing to investigate unless someone
makes an allegation of a crime. Floyd is the one who just opened the
door.

Hardly. The basis of an investigation can start from many sources
other than an allegation of a crime.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...