Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

Old June 7th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

Lance better talk to his attorneys before he realizes too late you
can't punch people for telling the truth.

They ain't 'fighting words' if they're true. (of course I have no
idea what the laws in LU are)

But in Amerika it's open season on Lance.

http://gantdaily.com/2010/06/06/heck...in-luxembourg/

Old June 7th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Jun 6, 4:39*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
Lance better talk to his attorneys before he realizes too late you
can't punch people for telling the truth.

They ain't 'fighting words' if they're true. *(of course I have no
idea what the laws in LU are)

But in Amerika it's open season on Lance.

http://gantdaily.com/2010/06/06/heck...armstrongs-thi...

The LANCE has previously shown hecklers that he is
not to be trifled with:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b... 42006738809f3

http://magliarosa.wordpress.com/2009...diabo-moderno/

Fredmaster Ben
(not actually that big a fan of the LANCE but this
episode was fairly awesome in its way)
Old June 7th 10, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Probably a publicity stunt paid for by Lance. (and yes I saw it when
it came out)

Question this ---Why does John Elway pull one car out of the snowy
ditch every winter and there just happens to be a tv station and news
photographer there when he does it?

Is it because he's a genuine nice guy or is because he has 17 car
dealerships in Denver and people like to buy cars from a nice guy?

Lance Inc has a bigger media machine than most companies up to a $B in
annual revenues.

It's just sad that the guy didn't step up when challenged, sooner or
later someone will and that's when it gets interesting.
Old June 7th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jun 7, 7:52*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
Probably a publicity stunt paid for by Lance. *(and yes I saw it when
it came out)

Question this ---Why does John Elway pull one car out of the snowy
ditch every winter and there just happens to be a tv station and news
photographer there when he does it?

Is it because he's a genuine nice guy or is because he has 17 car
dealerships in Denver and people like to buy cars from a nice guy?

Lance Inc has a bigger media machine than most companies up to a $B in
annual revenues.

It's just sad that the guy didn't step up when challenged, sooner or
later someone will and that's when it gets interesting.

Anton, you said you just stopped by his shop this past weekend, and it
sounds like you will likely have (or have had) the opportunity to
challenge Lance. Tell us what you did, or what you're going to do, we
all need the guidance. Are you going to bring your dual syringes
again?

thanks,

Brad Anders
Old June 7th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jun 7, 11:17*am, Brad Anders wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't go out of my way to run into him but if I did I doubt I
would waste my time or voice. Lance is pretty practiced at denial.

Why isn't he suing Landis ? In the past he did the next day.
Old June 7th 10, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jun 7, 12:09*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
[...]

That knockdown into the snow bank must have really hurt you, bro.
--D-y
Old June 7th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

So, earlier, you said:

It's just sad that the guy didn't step up when challenged, sooner or
later someone will and that's when it gets interesting.

... and now, you say you wouldn't waste your time or voice to challenge
him. Hard to figure out where you're coming from. Given your oft-
expressed views about Lance, and your apparent connection to cycling
through all the hints you've dropped, why aren't you the guy to make
things "interesting"? Or is that something you advocate for someone
less anonymous than yourself? As you pointed out yourself, he's not
suing Landis, so I have a hard time understanding why any current or
ex-pro with an opinion to express about Lance wouldn't do so without
having to hide behind a pseudonym. If your goal is to see some kind of
justice served against Lance, and you actually have some standing in
the cycling world, wouldn't adding your name to the list be what you'd
want to do?

BTW, don't get the impression I think Lance is clean, or that he
hasn't done anything different than any other top pro riders have done
to be competitive. I don't. I just don't see him as being any
different from other top pros, other than having a past history of
winning more often. I also don't understand why so many of those
associated with pro cycling seem so reluctant to take a public stance,
it they're actually firm in their convictions.

thanks,

Brad Anders
Old June 7th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Brad,

I kill a little time at work ranting on these boards and the stories
in the Dallas newspaper but other than that I don't really care that
much.

I'm not an ex-pro, just one of many ex cat1s that exist. Life is busy
enough and the arenas I do my battles in are far more personal to
me.

And the reality is I don't any real passion or anger towards Lance or
even BP or Wall Street as examples.

It's a long haul and there are far greater forces in the universe
working to balance these things out.

Lance and all of the other cheaters in the world have a psychology
that allows them not to realize that simple fundamental reality.

Old June 7th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
marco

Anton Berlin wrote:
I wouldn't go out of my way to run into him but if I did I doubt I
would waste my time or voice. Lance is pretty practiced at denial.

A week before the Tour of California, my wife and I were driving to the
nursery when we came up behind a slow moving SUV following two riders. I
knew immediately who it was--Lance riding with a friend of mine. I told my
wife and she got really excited (she's got a thing for celebrities). I
rolled down the passenger window and proceeded to pass the SUV and slow down
beside the riders. Lance turned toward us looking a bit annoyed. Out of
respect for my friend, I resisted my initial temptation to heckle him ...but
we didn't acknowledge him either. We just yelled "Hi" to my friend.

It's one thing to have a harsh opinion about somebody, but it's something
different to confront them directly, especially if the issue doesn't really
impact you. Actually, I'm conflicted... I do feel really bad for those guys
who stayed clean even though it meant a one-way ticket home. That's why the
doping apologists like --D-y bug me. Yeah, the system is corrupt, but still
some guys have enough integrity to say "No".

Old June 7th 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jun 7, 11:27*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
Brad,

I kill a little time at work ranting on these boards and the stories
in the Dallas newspaper but other than that I don't really care that
much.

I'm not an ex-pro, just one of many ex cat1s that exist. *Life is busy
enough and the arenas I do my battles in are far more personal to
me.

And the reality is I don't any real passion or anger towards Lance or
even BP or Wall Street as examples.

It's a long haul and there are far greater forces in the universe
working to balance these things out.

Lance and all of the other cheaters in the world have a psychology
that allows them not to realize that simple fundamental reality.

OK, thanks for making your position clear.

Brad Anders