300k+ a year

Old December 31st 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Default 300k+ a year

That's pretty good money for women's bike racing.
http://community.active.com/blogs/Br...g--a-new-twist

Old January 1st 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

On Dec 31, 1:10*pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
That's pretty good money for women's bike racing.http://community.active.com/blogs/Br.../12/27/drugs-a...

Dumbass -

That was mountain biking and she was a media star.

I do not have anything against women making a lot of money in cycling.
However, some of the numbers that you've posted in the past simply are
not close to reality.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old January 1st 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:
On Dec 31, 1:10 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
That's pretty good money for women's bike racing.http://community.active.com/blogs/Br.../12/27/drugs-a...

Dumbass -

That was mountain biking and she was a media star.

I do not have anything against women making a lot of money in cycling.
However, some of the numbers that you've posted in the past simply are
not close to reality.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Besides, it was "reported to be" which is like reading it in rbr.

- dave a
Old January 1st 10, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Bull****, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Old January 1st 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message
news

"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in
message
On Dec 31, 1:10 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

Bull****, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

That's sort of like saying - "Sheets are white".

Old January 1st 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Dec 31, 6:10*pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in ...
On Dec 31, 1:10 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

Bull****, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Dumbass -

Do you remember that I was a part time road manager for one of those
women's teams for a few years?

I wish you were correct, but unfortunately you are not.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old January 1st 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
m...
"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message
news

"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in
message
On Dec 31, 1:10 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

Bull****, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

That's sort of like saying - "Sheets are white".

He's not current on what women make today, and I don't post salaries and the
names of people earning those salaries, never have unless it was already
public information. I stated general numbers across the board from over the
years, which are based on factual information from reliable sources.
Whatever he knew then is old news, and I doubt he has any contacts in Europe
for what the UCI women are actually making there either. However, upwards of
300k a year is probably the most any women has made in cycling here.

The only thing CN has in its archive about Henry was in 2001, that's a long
time to be out of the loop on rider's salaries. Nothing previous before or
after 2001.

CN 2001-

Team Jane Cosmetics completed its first training camp for 2001 in San Diego
last weekend amidst rain and unseasonably cool temperatures. However, it was
the first chance that the entire squad had to ride together and was
considered a success by all.

"I was just amazed at the way the girls just clicked immediately!" said team
manager Karen Menge, obviously happy with the "chemistry" of the team.
Several of the new members knew each other from previous teams, such as
Julie Hanson and Sue Palmer-Komar who were former teammates with Saturn,
while Odessa Gunn and Erin Mirabella both rode for Timex last year.

Besides the requisite training rides and meetings, the Jane Cosmetics camp
also hosted a reception on Saturday afternoon that was attended by most of
the team's sponsors, including Jane Cosmetics President & CEO Howard Katkov,
an avid cyclist himself who has been backing the team and its parent
organization, Swami's Cycling Club, since 1996.

However, perhaps the high point of the camp was a team dinner at the
fabulous Encinitas hillside home of Swami's board member Henry Chang that
gave the riders their first chance to hone their teamwork skills - though in
the kitchen instead of on the road. "We didn't burn the place down, so I
guess that means we passed", joked Caren Spore afterwards. As they ate and
chatted, team members were treated to piano selections ranging from Chopin
to Gershwin, courtesy of Chang.

The Jane Cosmetics Cycling Team officially kicks off the 2001 season with
the McLane Pacific Classic in Merced, CA this coming weekend, followed by
the Sequoia Cycling Classic (March 10-11), the Redlands Classic (March
13-18), the Sea Otter Classic (March 22-24), and the Solano Cycling Classic
(March 29-April 1).

Old January 1st 10, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
m...
"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message
news

"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in
message
On Dec 31, 1:10 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

Bull****, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

That's sort of like saying - "Sheets are white".

Tom, haven't found a good forum yet? This one is really getting thin. Its
generally just a very small crowd here who enjoy throwing mudballs at each
other relentlessly in these threads. If that's what you want to do, ok, but
I think you would enjoy some of these other forums. CN forum is decent at
times, there are others. I post something once in a while on the fly for the
lurkers, but there are much better forums out there now, and facebook. In
fact there are two or three that are not too bad, and a wealth of cycling
sources to read worldwide. I don't even see Carl post here anymore. Connelly
doesn't post here anymore either. RBR on new years eve is not the place to
be, I am heading out myself.

Old January 1st 10, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message
"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
m...
"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message

Bull****, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

That's sort of like saying - "Sheets are white".

Tom, haven't found a good forum yet? This one is really getting thin. Its
generally just a very small crowd here who enjoy throwing mudballs at each
other relentlessly in these threads. If that's what you want to do, ok,
but I think you would enjoy some of these other forums. CN forum is decent
at times, there are others. I post something once in a while on the fly
for the lurkers, but there are much better forums out there now, and
facebook. In fact there are two or three that are not too bad, and a
wealth of cycling sources to read worldwide. I don't even see Carl post
here anymore. Connelly doesn't post here anymore either. RBR on new years
eve is not the place to be, I am heading out myself.

I know that this group used to be really good. It was all screwed up by
those jerks on the east coast in Cyclocross and then the "thing" called
Henry became the leading light here.

Eventually the real people will stop paying any attention at all to the
horse's patooties here and start discussing bicycle racing again.

The way to deal with these jokers is to cease having anything to do with
them. Only react to the posts that actually have to do with cycle racing.

Old January 1st 10, 04:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

On Dec 31, 6:57*pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
"Tom Kunich" wrote in message

m...

"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message
news

"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in
message
On Dec 31, 1:10 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

Bull****, you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

That's sort of like saying - "Sheets are white".

He's not current on what women make today, and I don't post salaries and the
names of people earning those salaries, never have unless it was already
public information. I stated general numbers across the board from over the
years, which are based on factual information from reliable sources.
Whatever he knew then is old news, and I doubt he has any contacts in Europe
for what the UCI women are actually making there either. However, upwards of
300k a year is probably the most any women has made in cycling here.

snip

Dumbass -

There might be a vew women that can make good money. Those are the
ones that get a lot of publicity.

The rest of them barely scrape by.

I wish I was wrong about this.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Magilla, Why does Armstrong get a pass every year? Why does thepeloton get a pass this year? Lanterne Rouge Racing 5 July 27th 09 03:30 PM
One Year Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 1 November 3rd 06 02:32 AM
Mildenhall 300k Simon Proven UK 10 August 29th 06 12:18 PM
10 YEAR OLD TRUCK, 2 YEAR OLD BICYCLE TomCAt General 33 September 7th 05 05:02 AM
Let's get ToB on Sky next year ! The Nottingham Duck UK 2 September 3rd 05 09:38 AM