K-Town in the toilet

Old May 22nd 05, 01:12 AM
Bill C

Default K-Town in the toilet

Hey Kyle
Looks like you got it, a friggin 14 pt lead over Schalke. Kahn's
staying with Munchen too.
Well at least the Red Sox won last year, before Telekom goes into the
toilet this Tour. Zabel is still right there but doesn't have the kick.
With Jan who Knows, and I don't see anybody between them and some of
the kids coming up to make it go for Germans. I'm ignoring the women
for now. Not sure if there are going to be German teams left soon
either:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4567909.stm
Schroeder's heartland set to crumble
Can't say good riddance soon enough to him and Fischer IMO.
Bill C

Old May 24th 05, 09:07 PM
Kyle Legate

Bill C wrote:
Hey Kyle
Looks like you got it, a friggin 14 pt lead over Schalke. Kahn's
staying with Munchen too.
Well at least the Red Sox won last year, before Telekom goes into the
toilet this Tour. Zabel is still right there but doesn't have the kick.
With Jan who Knows, and I don't see anybody between them and some of
the kids coming up to make it go for Germans. I'm ignoring the women
for now. Not sure if there are going to be German teams left soon
either:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4567909.stm
Schroeder's heartland set to crumble
Can't say good riddance soon enough to him and Fischer IMO.
Bill C

Well, it crumbled and there may be an early election, if German law will
allow it. As long as it doesn't affect the flavour of the beer, I don't
much care. I _do_ care about the use of plastic Oktoberfest glasses this
year, and the price of a mass blasting off into the stratosphere.

I have set up a trust fund for September.
Old May 25th 05, 01:17 AM
Bill C

Kyle Legate wrote:
Bill C wrote:
[...]

The beer's going to better than most anything here, but the bit about
plastic cups or Fest Mugs would really suck, and it's massively
environmentally unfriendly. How the hell are they getting away with it?
Hate to hear about the cost to.
Someday I'll actually make it back over, but more likely for the X-mas
season than Oktoberfest.
Hoist a few for me.
Bill C

Old May 25th 05, 08:40 PM
Kyle Legate

Bill C wrote:

The beer's going to better than most anything here, but the bit about
plastic cups or Fest Mugs would really suck, and it's massively
environmentally unfriendly. How the hell are they getting away with it?
Hate to hear about the cost to.
Someday I'll actually make it back over, but more likely for the X-mas
season than Oktoberfest.
Hoist a few for me.
Bill C

Too many people were walking out with the glass mugs and costing the
tents a ton of money. The plastic ones are cheaper, and lighter on the
fraus that have to carry 12 at a time. What I am concerned about is the
fact that since they will be made of plastic, and lighter, drunks might
think it's a good idea to launch them into the air when they're finished
with them. After all, it's plastic, it's light and it won't break. It'll
still hurt like hell when it lands on someone's head.

As far as I know, only one tent will use them this year, and the others
will follow suit if it's successful.