Can you see what it is yet?

Old August 23rd 17, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Can you see what it is yet?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-dark-11036765
Old August 23rd 17, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 11:13:09 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-dark-11036765

Even with the poor quality video I managed to see the cyclist.
It's amazing how many motorists are able to see unlit cyclists.
Wearing hi-vis clothing and being lit up like a knocking shop on payday makes cyclists invisible.
Maybe motorists should obey the rule about being able to stop within the distance they can see to be clear.
Old August 23rd 17, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 23/08/17 15:45, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 11:13:09 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-dark-11036765

Even with the poor quality video I managed to see the cyclist.

Precisely. No comparison to human vision - which is often obstructed,
not aided, by bright lighting.