Mounting fenders and blackburn lowriders

Old August 14th 03, 03:04 PM
Marten Hoffmann

Default Mounting fenders and blackburn lowriders

schreef ...
Has anyone tried mounting esge/sks front fenders and blackburn
lowrider racks? The fenders have a plastic piece that attaches to the
same brazeon as the rack. I'm concerned about the mounting order being
brazeon, plastic then rack. This puts the load cantilevered out on a
rather long bolt. A different mounting order puts the fender 'stays'
outside the rack making pannier mounting difficult.

In my experience, the "long bolt" problem is theoretical rather than
practical. BTW you can also mount the plastic outside of the rack,
couldn't you? In any case, make sure your bolts are sufficiently long to
fill out the brazeon completely. If there is room between brazeon and
spokes (which I presume) you could even go for the supersafe route and
use an extra-long bolt with a nut on it. Can't beat that for security.

--
Regards,
Marten
Old August 14th 03, 04:34 PM
David Damerell

Marten Hoffmann wrote:
couldn't you? In any case, make sure your bolts are sufficiently long to
fill out the brazeon completely. If there is room between brazeon and
spokes (which I presume) you could even go for the supersafe route and
use an extra-long bolt with a nut on it. Can't beat that for security.

Surely everyone does this as a matter of course.
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!