Hub Question

Old August 14th 03, 06:36 PM
Eric St. Mary

Default Hub Question

I'm trying to decide on what type of rear hub to get; its either going
to be a Chris King or Phil Wood. I don't currently need the disc type
for any reason, in the future, as these hubs are supposed to last
"forever", I may. Is there any reason not to purchase a disc compatible
hub, excluding the few extra bucks, when building up a new wheel?

Eric

Old August 14th 03, 09:45 PM
David Kunz

Eric St. Mary wrote:

I'm trying to decide on what type of rear hub to get; its either going
to be a Chris King or Phil Wood. I don't currently need the disc type
for any reason, in the future, as these hubs are supposed to last
"forever", I may. Is there any reason not to purchase a disc compatible
hub, excluding the few extra bucks, when building up a new wheel?

Eric

I felt that way about 2 years ago. But, my riding changed and I now, I
have discs front and back and had to get new hubs to do it -- but _FOR
ME_, it was a significant improvement and worth it (I managed to get the
hubs as presents for my birthday ).

SO, I'd get them.

Now, I just wish that I'd gotten my Chris King rear hub in 36 hole...

David

Old August 15th 03, 06:15 PM
Dion Dock

Get a Shimano or Campy hub if you want it to last forever. They are going
to be your best bets for spare parts and overall design.

On the other hand, if you want something different from the crowd, either
one of these will work for you.

-Dion

"Eric St. Mary" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide on what type of rear hub to get; its either going
to be a Chris King or Phil Wood. I don't currently need the disc type
for any reason, in the future, as these hubs are supposed to last
"forever", I may. Is there any reason not to purchase a disc compatible
hub, excluding the few extra bucks, when building up a new wheel?

Eric

Sciatica - My story and a question: How do YOU manage it? Appkiller General 8 June 28th 04 05:22 PM
Crank arm length question David Kerber General 13 May 20th 04 06:19 PM
beat the bus and accident question Doug Purdy General 25 May 14th 04 02:21 AM
Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Question: Cassette Sizing Michael General 6 August 6th 03 01:48 PM