on the spot fines for cyclists at last, hurrah

Old May 13th 10, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default on the spot fines for cyclists at last, hurrah

CYCLISTS who continue to pedal through a pedestrianised street in Bicester
are being warned the police are about to get tough.
Sheep Street has two no cycling signs - one at each end - but they are
ignored by many riders, according to Thames Valley Police.
Now officers are fed up stopping bikers to explain the rules and say they
will start handing out £30 fixed penalty notices.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/815..._warned_again/

Old May 13th 10, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Mrcheerful wrote:
CYCLISTS who continue to pedal through a pedestrianised street in Bicester
are being warned the police are about to get tough.
Sheep Street has two no cycling signs - one at each end - but they are
ignored by many riders, according to Thames Valley Police.
Now officers are fed up stopping bikers to explain the rules and say they
will start handing out £30 fixed penalty notices.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/815..._warned_again/

Perfectly reasonable.

On a loosely related note, does anyone
know (can anyone find) the list of offences
for which policeman-is-judge-and-jury, sorry
"on the spot fines" are applicable?

BugBear
Old May 13th 10, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PoB

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
| CYCLISTS who continue to pedal through a pedestrianised street in Bicester
| are being warned the police are about to get tough.
| Sheep Street has two no cycling signs - one at each end - but they are
| ignored by many riders, according to Thames Valley Police.
| Now officers are fed up stopping bikers to explain the rules and say they
| will start handing out £30 fixed penalty notices.
|
| http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/815..._warned_again/

What do you mean "at last" - they've been handing out FPNs for RLJ
cyclists - when they can be bothered - for the last decade at least...it's
been the subject of numerous tv programs...

No wonder cars cause so many accidents when their advocates are this
unobservant.

All the best,

pOB

Old May 13th 10, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Thu, 13 May 2010 12:30:53 +0100 someone who may be "PoB"
wrote this:-

No wonder cars cause so many accidents when their advocates are this
unobservant.

Car drivers, rather than cars. Other than that you have made an
excellent point.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old May 13th 10, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marie

wrote this:-

No wonder cars cause so many accidents when their advocates are this
unobservant.

Car drivers, rather than cars. Other than that you have made an
excellent point.

--
* David Hansen, Edinburgh
*I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
*http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Oh look, another non-post from Hansen with nothing to say.

Marie
Old May 14th 10, 07:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Thu, 13 May 2010 09:57:44 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Marie
wrote this:-

Oh look, another non-post from Hansen with nothing to say.

Yawn. Nice try, do continue to make a fool of yourself in this way
if you want to.

Old May 14th 10, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marie

wrote this:-

Oh look, another non-post from Hansen with nothing to say.

Yawn. Nice try, do continue to make a fool of yourself in this way
if you want to.

--
* David Hansen, Edinburgh
*I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
*http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54

You mean follow your example.

Marie
Old May 15th 10, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote this:-

Oh look, another non-post from Hansen with nothing to say.

Yawn. Nice try, do continue to make a fool of yourself in this way
if you want to.

Only one fool I can see around here - you.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Cyclists Face up to $13,610 Fines Gettamulla Tupya Australia 5 June 19th 09 02:54 AM
Hurrah! wafflycat[_2_] UK 5 September 7th 08 07:03 PM
Hurrah! wafflycat UK 8 June 20th 07 09:20 AM
slipping chain at same spot (and only that spot) Maurice W UK 5 June 3rd 07 09:49 AM
$100 fines for cyclists in East Perth suomynona Australia 18 November 30th 05 02:31 AM