Opinions

Old July 21st 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Opinions

What do you think of the race being this close this late in the race?

I am a little bothered by bringing so many riders so close to the yellow jersey and then dashing their hopes.

I do think that Uran will train harder than ever. This MADE Cannondale.
Old July 21st 17, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Theodore Heise[_2_]

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:31:07 -0700 (PDT),
Tom Kunich wrote:
What do you think of the race being this close this late in the
race?

Much more interesting than in recent years past. I was
disappointed to see nobody could put a serious attack on Froome on
the Izoard yesterday, but it was wonderful to not see him dominate
things.

I don't understand the serious attack by Froome very near the end
of that same climb. Maybe he thought he could drop the other GC
contenders, but in the end it only served to bring them up to
Landa--and prevent any chance of podium for him.

I am a little bothered by bringing so many riders so close to
the yellow jersey and then dashing their hopes.

I don't know what you mean by this. Are you suggesting the
organizers had a hand in it getting close at the end of the
mountain stages?

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA
Old July 22nd 17, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 10:31:10 AM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:
What do you think of the race being this close this late in the race?

I am a little bothered by bringing so many riders so close to the yellow jersey and then dashing their hopes.

I do think that Uran will train harder than ever. This MADE Cannondale.

I enjoyed the close racing this year. Froome was beatable, he was pushed, and he had to earn his fourth. Bardet was great but if Wa Wa learns to TT, watch out. Great to see Uran do so well. He might still try to pip that single second tomorrow on the Champs.
Old July 22nd 17, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
What do you think of the race being this close this late in the
race?

Much more interesting than in recent years past. I was
disappointed to see nobody could put a serious attack on Froome on
the Izoard yesterday, but it was wonderful to not see him dominate
things.

I don't understand the serious attack by Froome very near the end
of that same climb. Maybe he thought he could drop the other GC
contenders, but in the end it only served to bring them up to
Landa--and prevent any chance of podium for him.

I am a little bothered by bringing so many riders so close to
the yellow jersey and then dashing their hopes.

I don't know what you mean by this. Are you suggesting the
organizers had a hand in it getting close at the end of the
mountain stages?

Well, on the third week of the Tour they are so close together that all sorts of riders are taking chances not for a stage win but for a shot at the Yellow. I'm more used to things being settled down by the middle of the race and then people trying to strengthen their positions rather than trying so hard to move up that we get crashes. These guys are pros and their "easy" speed is as fast as most people's steep downhill speed. Look at Richie Porte - all it took was a moment's inattention and he almost hit the rider in front of him and swerved off the road and tried to ride back up the step onto the road surface.

Opinions? [email protected] Techniques 10 October 20th 16 01:10 AM
Opinions? FAT Racing 15 July 15th 11 09:00 AM
Your opinions about the following please.. Derk Techniques 6 August 14th 04 10:48 PM
Opinions please Alan UK 5 July 28th 04 01:18 PM
Opinions Please ;- dukey81 Australia 3 November 19th 03 11:44 PM