Really, really dumb

Old January 8th 20, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Really, really dumb

I was thinking that this group would have dumb postings upon occasions but after going out and looking that the other bike forums I won't say that again. Even John looks like a genius next to most of these people.

One guy had a Maddux wheelset and he thought that the freewheel had given up the ghost. So he bought a new freewheel assembly. These are fully enclosed and fit into splines in the wheel. Apparently he never even bothered to look at the splines and shortly afterwards the freewheel failed again. Finally he looked in and saw that the aluminum splines had stripped out of these 10 year old wheels. Instead of buying a new wheelset he epoxied the freewheel assembly into the wheel. One can only imagine the mechanical IQ of people of this sort.

On other sites people will ask questions and no one will answer him and the "regulars" will criticize him for not knowing the answer - but pretty clearly neither do they.

I suppose this is why most of their strings are over 10 years old and no new contributors.

So if I have offended you at sometime of another forgive me because this group at least CAN address problems if they've a mind to.

Not that I'm not going to laugh at Jay because Portland is advertising themselves as a tourist destination on bay area TV. I figure we can pay the bus fare for a load or five of homeless to go there and feel right at home.
Old January 8th 20, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/8/2020 2:14 PM, wrote:
[...]

the RBT motto could be, 'Set a low standard and we'll
probably meet it.'

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 9th 20, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 12:26:23 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/8/2020 2:14 PM, wrote:
[...]

Well, I would have agreed with you before I read an entire series of postings about how Trump would make a terrible President started in 2015.

So while we may have low standards compared to the competition we are at Einstein levels.
Old January 9th 20, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:14:49 PM UTC, wrote:
[...]

I agree. I miss Jobst and Sheldon, though. -- AJ

Old January 9th 20, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 3:16:51 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Well, I surely miss Shelton. And I miss getting Jobst all riled up.

This is just dumb... Uncle Dave Racing 19 September 28th 09 08:58 AM
HOW dumb?? Brimstone[_6_] UK 89 April 6th 09 03:49 PM
this is so dumb brockfisher05 Unicycling 10 December 18th 04 03:38 AM
Dumb question the black rose General 12 October 19th 04 09:37 PM
How dumb am I? Andy P UK 2 September 18th 03 08:37 PM