The Medal Spacers On A Kh

Old September 9th 04, 03:02 AM
uniextreme

Default The Medal Spacers On A Kh

HEY EVERYONE,

on my muni i have a kh wheelset with a yuni frame so those big medal ufo
type spacers really stick out. What always seem to happen is when I get
goin really fast they get caught on my jeans which isnt so pleasant. So
would it cause any dameage if I grinded them down so it wasnt so much of
a ufo type shape?

Brian

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuw09 ( A few street clips were just
added)

Scars are tatoos with better stories

"Unicycling looks hard then when you try to ride it its harder than it
looks" canadian after trying to ride my uni.
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

Old September 9th 04, 03:55 AM
jagur

they will be fine. its just a matter of how pretty you can grind them.
you could track down some more of the little ones pretty easy though.

--
jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

-Forget_Your_Life-

Old September 9th 04, 03:57 AM
TheObieOne3226

uniextreme wrote:
*HEY EVERYONE,

on my muni i have a kh wheelset with a yuni frame so those big medal
ufo type spacers really stick out. What always seem to happen is when
I get goin really fast they get caught on my jeans which isnt so
pleasant. So would it cause any dameage if I grinded them down so it
wasnt so much of a ufo type shape?

Brian *

If I'm catching what you are saying correctly, then turning the spacers
around will help. They angle out from the axle, and, if you turn them
around, they will angle in and shouldn't get caught on your pants.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Fantabluous Unicyclist

WE WANT THE LION
WE WANT THE LION
WE WANT THE LION

Old September 9th 04, 07:13 AM
john_childs

You could replace those big saucer spacers with lower profile washers or
bushings. You'll have to hunt around at the hardware store to find
suitable washers or bushings.

Another option is to have a bike shop order some extra spacer washers.
A bike shop that specializes in BMX bikes will know exactly what you
need.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old September 9th 04, 11:15 AM
tom_edmonds

are you sure its the spacers your jeans are catching on, i got some new
jeans the other week, and unless i turn the bottoms up then they seem to
catch on the top of the cranks when i get going fast..... this is on
mytrials uni with KH 140 cranks.... i never bothered putting the flying
saucers on as i decided they looked a bit silly on the nimbus style
frame. i havent had a problem with it like this.

--
tom_edmonds - Finally...less talking, more riding

Got me another 28" uni
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992