Another trials obstacle idea...

Old October 18th 03, 02:47 PM
andrew_carter

Default Another trials obstacle idea...

I just thought of trials obstacle that would be heaps of fun to try out.
Also, if it worked it would be great for fun trials competitions.
Here's what it is...

Two vertical boards with about a 1.2 - 1.5m gap between them that are
really well supported. Each board has a series of notches attached like
rungs on a ladder. The unicyclist starts in between them and hops onto
one of the notches. As he or she lands, they immediately spring off and
gap to a higher rung on the other board. They keep doing this and try
to get as high up the boards as they can.

Sounds fun hey.

Andrew

| Attachment filename: trials boards.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/167864|

andrew_carter - http://www.thehungersite.com

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Opening soon!
I love unicycling!

Old October 18th 03, 03:02 PM
sockmonster

"So, tell me again how you broke you leg, and lost all the skin on your
arm?"

"Well, I got this idea to take my unicycle, and hop up between these two
boards. They had little notches in them, you know, so the wheel could
catch, and everything. Well, I was doing really good, but when I got to
the top, I didn't know how to get down....."

Sounds like fun to me!

--
sockmonster - The original Western Maine uni

It is impossible to be scared of someone if they are skipping, or on a
pogo stick.
sockmonster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4286

Old October 18th 03, 03:28 PM
James_Potter

That would be pretty cool, but fairly hard. I think the boards ought to
be slightly sloped, because I think the pedal could possibly catch on
the one right above it.
And I agree with sockmonster, there should be a better way to get then
than to fall.

--
James_Potter - Order of Merlin, first class

That MUni trip was swell,
but now the swelling is going down.

Old October 18th 03, 05:03 PM
joona

That looks like fun, maybe I should try it next summer if I have learnt
to pedal grab by the time. Maybe we can figure somthing out on the
getting down part. Maybe if the boards were something like big boxes
(really well supported) so you could finally jump on top of them. Then
dismount there or drive down a railing or something like that.

--
joona - )-O --Neat

I'm sorry. My spelling sucks.
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Old October 19th 03, 03:16 AM
andrew_carter

Yeh well I just thought of the idea and drew a diagram about a minute
later so I haven't really put that much thought into it. I agree that
it should be done (if possible) in the form of two boxes so you can try
to get up on top of them. If it was angled out a bit it could only
really be a little bit because otherwise the gaps would get really big
towards the top. Although, maybe that'd add an extra little challenge
to it.

Andrew