Southern cross drive accident

Old April 3rd 14, 05:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC[_2_]

Default Southern cross drive accident

On 2014-04-01, James (aka Bruce)
On 21/03/14 10:13, Trent W. Buck wrote:
And because a bike/ped collision is safer for everyone than a bike/car
collision, and (situation dependent) less likely besides.

Though I've bounced off a few cars over the last 25+years of riding,
I've only ever damaged myself landing on the road.

I know of several folks who have been seriously injured while riding on
bicycle tracks, including a fatality.

I don't think bike paths are as safe as you believe.

They don't put unpainted bollards in the middle of roads, thank ****.

--
Thus sprach TimC
"If geiger counter does not click, the coffee, she is just not thick."
Old April 3rd 14, 06:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 3 Apr 2014 15:57:47 +1100
On 2014-04-01, James (aka Bruce)
On 21/03/14 10:13, Trent W. Buck wrote:
And because a bike/ped collision is safer for everyone than a bike/car
collision, and (situation dependent) less likely besides.

Though I've bounced off a few cars over the last 25+years of riding,
I've only ever damaged myself landing on the road.

I know of several folks who have been seriously injured while riding on
bicycle tracks, including a fatality.

I don't think bike paths are as safe as you believe.

They don't put unpainted bollards in the middle of roads, thank ****.

Just mucking great potholes.

And concrete slabs sticking up a couple of inches.

And sunken pipe trenches on roundabouts so as to concentrate
signalling,braking (with one hand because signalling),one or more
pinch flats and dented rims, and damn near being run over because it
is night and the entire area is unlit so said signals are hard for
drivers entering roundabout to see.

Yes Burwood Council I am very definitely looking at you.

Zebee

Old April 3rd 14, 08:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Trent W. Buck

On 2014-04-01, James (aka Bruce)
I don't think bike paths are as safe as you believe.

They don't put unpainted bollards in the middle of roads, thank ****.

You know those D-ring bars they put on the track to make you slow down
& maybe even dismount? Back when I was on an inline skateboard, I used
to duck under them. At well above sprinting speeds. :-)

Thinking back, though I had clear lines of sight, it's still amazing I
never hit anything or anyone...