"Short stop" RANS seat exp.?

Old October 3rd 03, 08:44 PM
Scott

Default "Short stop" RANS seat exp.?

I noticed a RANS seat with a shorter pan advertised in the Hostel
Shoppe catalogue. Have any shorter riders out there tried one?
Especially stokers of Screamers? My wife is 5'3", and I'm wondering if
this might be the ticket for her if we go with a Screamer.

Thanks!

Scott
Old October 4th 03, 03:34 AM
Steve Christensen

In article , Scott says...

I noticed a RANS seat with a shorter pan advertised in the Hostel
Shoppe catalogue. Have any shorter riders out there tried one?
Especially stokers of Screamers? My wife is 5'3", and I'm wondering if
this might be the ticket for her if we go with a Screamer.

Thanks!

Scott

Haven't seen one, but I sure wish the Screamer we tried out had come with one.
My wife said that by the time she got the stoker seat far enough forward, the BB
was practically underneath the seat, with the pan hitting against her thighs.
Sounds like the way to go, but how would you know without trying one out?

Steve Christensen

Old October 4th 03, 02:50 PM
Scott

Steve Christensen wrote in message ...
In article , Scott says...

I noticed a RANS seat with a shorter pan advertised in the Hostel
Shoppe catalogue. Have any shorter riders out there tried one?
Especially stokers of Screamers? My wife is 5'3", and I'm wondering if
this might be the ticket for her if we go with a Screamer.

Thanks!

Scott

Haven't seen one, but I sure wish the Screamer we tried out had come with one.
My wife said that by the time she got the stoker seat far enough forward, the BB
was practically underneath the seat, with the pan hitting against her thighs.
Sounds like the way to go, but how would you know without trying one out?

Steve Christensen

Yes, Steve, this is the question. There is A LOT I like about the
Screamer, but I'm worried the fit issue might be a deal breaker. What
kind of tandem did you end up getting, if any? We're keen on a
performance tandem, light, with good climbing capabilities. We've
sort of ruled out the Double Vision, but it may get back on the short
list. Any input would be great.

Thanks.

Scott
Old October 5th 03, 12:26 PM
Warren Berger

Scott,

So how tall is your riding partner on your Screamer?

She is one inch shorter than me, but we have the same X seam. Either
of us can hop on any of our bikes and ride with no adjustments needed.

Any reach, comfort issues w/the low BB?

The cut down pans eliminate the seat cutting into the thighs on low
BB.

If you have a big butt, carrying a lot of weight, the cut down seat
pans probably won't work for you.

Warren
Old October 5th 03, 05:08 PM
Steve Christensen

In article , Scott says...

[...]

For the time being we put the tandem search on hold. The Vision didn't feel
right, the Scream just didn't fit, and we couldn't find anything else to ride
without traveling out of state. There are so many interesting tandems out
therer (M5, Longbikes eliminator, duplex) that we would love to try, but just
can't find.

Steve Christensen