"once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some mt. bikers is being displayed"

Old January 25th 04, 05:57 PM
Mike Vandeman

Default "once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some mt. bikers is being displayed"

In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant, and
stupid.

Mike

From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse by
mountain bikers]
To: "Mike Vandeman"
Subject: "Fort Ord habitat in peril from mountain bikers"
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800

Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some
mt. bikers is being displayed. CB

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old January 25th 04, 11:31 PM
Andy Chequer

Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of
some
mt. bikers is being displayed. CB

If you are going to forge your own fan mail it might help if you didn't use
your own style of prose.

Andy Chequer

From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse

by
mountain bikers]
To: "Mike Vandeman"
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800

Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of

some
mt. bikers is being displayed. CB

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

probably true. but then, those same generalizations were used by Hitler
against the Jews, by many Americans against the African Americans and
countless other groups who thought, incorrectly, that an entire group of
people could be characterized so simplistically. Then again, it just shows
the shortsightedness of your attitudes and total inability to realize that
those who mountain bike are no different than those that hike, swim, run,
cook, sew, play football, or jerk off excessively every day. AS a group,
they represent an entire cross section of society and cannot in any way be
characterized by one or two words that by their use serve your myopic view
of the group in question.

Old January 26th 04, 01:10 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:31:43 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
m wrote:

.. Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of
..some
.. mt. bikers is being displayed. CB
..
..If you are going to forge your own fan mail it might help if you didn't use
..your own style of prose.

Don't assume that others are as dishonest as mountain bikers. I don't need to
forge anything. The truth is quite adequate to condemn your selfish, destructive
sport.

..Andy Chequer

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old January 26th 04, 01:17 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:20:38 GMT, "Michael Paul" mfpaul
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
.. In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant,
..and
.. stupid.
..
.. Mike
..
..
.. From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse
..by
.. mountain bikers]
.. To: "Mike Vandeman"
.. Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800
..
.. Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of
..some
.. mt. bikers is being displayed. CB
..
.. ===
.. I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
.. humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
.. years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..
..
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..
..probably true. but then, those same generalizations were used by Hitler
..against the Jews,

Oh, right. If Hitler said something, that vitiates those words for all time to
come. Right. Idiot.

by many Americans against the African Americans and
..countless other groups who thought, incorrectly, that an entire group of
..people could be characterized so simplistically.

I have observed THOUSANDS of mountain bikers in person and on the 'net. I have
yet to meet even ONE who is honest. That is just a fact.

Then again, it just shows
..the shortsightedness of your attitudes and total inability to realize that
..those who mountain bike are no different than those that hike, swim, run,
..cook, sew, play football, or jerk off excessively every day.

How would you know? Have you done a study? I doubt it. In fact, people who
engage in a partcular activity ARE different. People who mountain bike are just
not THE SAME AS THOSE WHO spend their time trying to save wildlife. To say that
they are is dishonest (nothing new, for mountain bikers). There is a REASON that
mountain bikers are so honest: if they had to tell the truth, they would no
longer be able to practice such a destructive sport.

AS a group,
..they represent an entire cross section of society and cannot in any way be
..characterized by one or two words that by their use serve your myopic view
..of the group in question.

I have enough data to say that you are absolutely wrong. For example, I have yet
to meet one who is honest about mountain biking. And you are no exception! You
are just as dishonest as all the rest.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old January 26th 04, 01:45 AM
DDB

I belong !!! I really truly belong!!!! I'm so happy!!

and I thought I was the only, selfish, arrogant, stupid one.

Thanks Mike

From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse

by
mountain bikers]
To: "Mike Vandeman"

Old January 26th 04, 03:13 AM
Trey C.

From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse by
mountain bikers]
To: "Mike Vandeman"
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800

Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some
mt. bikers is being displayed. CB

If you say "CandyMan" five times, will Mike Vandeman appear? Scary
thought...

T.C.

Old January 26th 04, 05:35 AM
Redneck_Dave

People who ride bikes should be

1. Licensed
2. Registered
3. Insured

They ride on the road and can cause accidents. Can ANYONE tell me a
good reason why they shouldn't be treated like everyone else???

Dave
Old January 26th 04, 06:25 AM
Critic

"Redneck_Dave" wrote in message
om...
People who ride bikes should be

1. Licensed
2. Registered
3. Insured

They ride on the road and can cause accidents. Can ANYONE tell me a
good reason why they shouldn't be treated like everyone else???

Dave

White-trash fat-assed mullet-wearing pickup-driving hicks are by far a
greater road hazard than any cyclist.