Day 6?

Old February 3rd 10, 01:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

Default Day 6?

Is anybody familiar with Day 6 Bicycles:
http://www.day6bicycles.com/index.html

They're semi-recumbent bikes. I'm intrigued with the position of the
seat. Although, iIt does seem like they're hesitant to give in fully
to THE POWER OF THE RECUMBENT!

Are there similar bikes out there?

Thanks,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI
Old February 3rd 10, 07:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jim A

wrote:
Is anybody familiar with Day 6 Bicycles:
http://www.day6bicycles.com/index.html

Mercifully, no.

They're semi-recumbent bikes. I'm intrigued with the position of the
seat. Although, iIt does seem like they're hesitant to give in fully
to THE POWER OF THE RECUMBENT!

Are there similar bikes out there?

Some of the RANS crank forward designs are maybe similar, but somehow I
think it would be insulting RANS to say that. Also check out
http://www.waltersnextgenerationbicycles.com

The recumbents which are maybe least recumbent I've found are Maxarya
http://maxarya.com/phpcode/index.php and the HP Velotechnik Spirit
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkt...t/index_e.html

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old February 3rd 10, 08:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 3, 12:44*pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Is anybody familiar with Day 6 Bicycles:
http://www.day6bicycles.com/index.html

Mercifully, no.

They're semi-recumbent bikes. I'm intrigued with the position of the
seat. Although, iIt does seem like they're hesitant to give in fully
to THE POWER OF THE RECUMBENT!

Are there similar bikes out there?

Some of the RANS crank forward designs are maybe similar, but somehow I
think it would be insulting RANS to say that. *Also check outhttp://www..waltersnextgenerationbicycles.com

The recumbents which are maybe least recumbent I've found are Maxaryahttp://maxarya.com/phpcode/index.phpand the HP Velotechnik Spirithttp://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/spirit/index_e.html

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

Jim,

Thanks for the links. I'm really impressed with Maxara. I especially
like the Ray - 1x [http://maxarya.com/phpcode/ray1-x.php].

Cullen
p.s. Do you think recumbent cyclists are *automatically* part of the
slow bicycle movement?
Old February 3rd 10, 09:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jim A

wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:44 pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Going uphill, I should think so, yes. :-)

I have never yet ridden a recumbent myself though. If the Maxarya were
readily available here in the UK I'd be saving up for one now. I had an
SRAM dual-drive on my Moulton & loved it so the ray 1x is the one I'd go
for too.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old February 21st 10, 06:17 AM
SemiRecumbent SemiRecumbent is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_2_] View Post
Is anybody familiar with Day 6 Bicycles:
http://www.day6bicycles.com/index.html

They're semi-recumbent bikes. I'm intrigued with the position of the
seat. Although, iIt does seem like they're hesitant to give in fully
to THE POWER OF THE RECUMBENT!

Are there similar bikes out there?

Thanks,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI

I own a Day 6 Bicycle. I wasn't looking for speed or strength, I was looking for a bicycle that made riding pleasant and comfortable. I didn't like hunching over on a regular bicycle or sitting on a tiny seat that poked my rear end. I'm not fat either.

It has made riding a bicycle very enjoyable. No hunching over, the step through design makes mounting easy, and because it is a semi-recumbent it makes peddling very easy as well. People that see you immediately fall in love with the bicycle. You can't go anywhere without being noticed in an envious way.

I spent months test-riding all kinds of bicycles and the Day 6 is the most comfortable by far.