BiGHA Comments

Old November 8th 03, 07:32 AM
NiCK

Default BiGHA Comments

There has been alot of different speculations about the new BiGHA (And
yes, that is how you correctly type BiGHA), what is the big turnaround
on BiGHA? The pricetag? The history of BikeE? I think not. All minor
'irritations' that reroute the opinions of people new to the idea of
simply better technology being used efficiently on a practical way of
bettering bicycle tourists. What's wrong with reimproving something
that could use a more ideal purpose. Ideas are what create success.

Anyway, I'm just saying that BiGHA is doing something many dare not to
attempt, they are reintroducing success out of a newly formed toolbox
of ideas, 'because' it's possible...

Nicholas H

P.S.
Hello Lee@BiGHA, guess who ( : Hint: lots of email : )
Old November 8th 03, 08:01 AM
Tom Sherman

NiCK wrote:

There has been alot of different speculations about the new BiGHA (And
yes, that is how you correctly type BiGHA), what is the big turnaround
on BiGHA? The pricetag? The history of BikeE? I think not. All minor
'irritations' that reroute the opinions of people new to the idea of
simply better technology being used efficiently on a practical way of
bettering bicycle tourists. What's wrong with reimproving something
that could use a more ideal purpose. Ideas are what create success.

Anyway, I'm just saying that BiGHA is doing something many dare not to
attempt, they are reintroducing success out of a newly formed toolbox
of ideas, 'because' it's possible...

Nicholas H

P.S.
Hello Lee@BiGHA, guess who ( : Hint: lots of email : )

So do you work for BiGHA's advertising agency [1], or are you just
trying to get a job there?

[1] The pretentious and atrocious writing style is (un)worthy of
advertising copywriter.

Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon
Old November 8th 03, 05:34 PM
mike s

Nick: I think the comments about Bigha involve two areas. First is
price. It is pricey and sells at a cost close to what some of the top
end performance bents go for. Second is the impression that the
recumbent movement is moving more toward performance (speed, handling,
lighter weight, more aerodynamic, etc.) and this is a bike moving in
the opposite direction. As a comfort cycle its competition is found
in bikes costing thousands of dollars less. They may not have all the
googaws and whistles that Bigha does, but for someone entering into
bentdom they can buy two to four of the competition for what Bigha
costs. I think that all of us bent riders want a bent company to
succeed and most of us perceive such a narrow niche for this bike that
success is chancy (we have been wrong before). And when a bent
company fails then, image wise, the sport is affected. So, while a
lot of us wish them well, that doesn't mean we can't espouse our own
opinion of their marketing and product. It just seems like a heavy,
expensive cushy bent. Hopefully they are considered more like
Cadillacs than Packards.

Mike S.
St. Louis, Mo.

Barcroft Virginia
Barcroft Columbia
RANS Rocket
Old November 8th 03, 08:38 PM
skip

There was a BiGHA on eBay auctioned by a charity with no reserve. It sold
for $1,805.00. There were 50 bids with more than half of them from someone
bidding as nsacres. There is a Mr. Acres, John I think, who is the chief
executive of Bigha.

It was listed as a recreational bike rather than as a recumbent. BiGHA
seems to go to great lengths not to mention the word recumbent. Maybe
that's a good thing.

skip

Old November 8th 03, 09:22 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

NiCK wrote:
There has been alot of different speculations about the new BiGHA (And
yes, that is how you correctly type BiGHA), what is the big turnaround
on BiGHA? The pricetag? The history of BikeE? I think not. All minor
'irritations' that reroute the opinions of people new to the idea of
simply better technology being used efficiently on a practical way of
bettering bicycle tourists. What's wrong with reimproving something
that could use a more ideal purpose. Ideas are what create success.

Anyway, I'm just saying that BiGHA is doing something many dare not to
attempt, they are reintroducing success out of a newly formed toolbox
of ideas, 'because' it's possible...

Nicholas H

P.S.
Hello Lee@BiGHA, guess who ( : Hint: lots of email : )

Yes, they dare to sell a slow heavy comfort bike for the cost of a high
performance bike. Selling stuff for twice as much as the nearest
competitors is quite an innovation!

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

“In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s crazy.”
Charles Manson

Old November 8th 03, 09:33 PM
NiCK

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...
NiCK wrote:

[...]

I'm just making a point based from my perceptions on BiGHA, even if a
disagreeance is enevitable. And also i'm not an 'advertising
copywriter.

-- NiCK

Old November 9th 03, 12:56 AM
Tom Thompson

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message
k.net...

NiCK wrote:

[...]

We've already been down this road.....

Old November 9th 03, 01:24 AM
Lawrence Turner

It was actually listed as a "Go-Kart," something I doubt Bigha had
anything to do with. The charity or eBay was probably responsible for
listing (or mis-listing) the bike.

I guess I don't get the point of your post. Are you saying that a
Bigha is not worth its asking price? Most auction items do not go for
true market value, which is why you can often get a great deal on a
car, a house or anything else on auction. Only silly personal items,
like Princess Diana's toaster will get big bucks. If you're using this
charity auction as means of assessing Bigha's value, you are mistaken.

Geez, what has this come to? Bigha DONATES a bike to CHARITY and we
pick on them? Earth to A.R.B.R.!!!!

Old November 9th 03, 01:30 AM
Lawrence Turner

Your post addesses a huge problem in bentdom.

Are we individual riders or part of a "movement," as you put it?

The day riding a recumbent entails joining a movement is the day I get
off the bike for good. Once something becomes a "movement," the
community becomes greater than the self - and people have to get
permission from the community before they can create or purchase the
bike of their choosing.

Your post seems to imply that Bigha should have consulted people such
as yourself before creating their product. I say kudos to Bigha for
breaking the status quo.

new Bigha web site... Ernest General 11 November 30th 03 02:41 PM
BiGHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 1 September 28th 03 08:03 AM
BigHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 2 September 28th 03 01:50 AM