PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

Old June 11th 17, 10:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

On 10.06.2017 22:43, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:22:07 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 10.06.2017 01:57, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 11:57:24 +0100, wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 21:46:56 +1200
Peter Keller wrote:
On 09.06.2017 04:33, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Well with those silly shorts and helmet...

At least I ride a bike, a very convenient delightful economical viable
means of transport, and we all know that YOU think bicyclists are the

Viable so long as your journey isn't too long and doesn't have many
steep
hills, you don't need to transport anything larger than a rucksack,
you don't
need to wear a suit at your destination, it isn't ****ing down with
rain and/or
boiling hot and the roads arn't full of traffic that can run you over.

Other than that yes, a bicycle is a fantastic mode of transport.

Indeed. I use one for pleasure only. They're no ****ing use for day to
day activities. I can't bring a fortnight's shopping home on one from
Asda. I can't go 200 miles to visit a relative.

They are plenty of ****ing use for my day-to-day activities.
Maybe not a fortight's shopping, so Imake fourteen daily very
pleasurable trips.

Going shopping every day is only pleasurable for a woman, and one that
doesn't have other things to do.

I have gone 300 miles to visit a relative. A very pleasant five days on
the bike in the lovely scenery, breathing in the fresh air ....

Fine if you're retired.

And also for me. It is really great!
Old June 11th 17, 10:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 11.06.2017 07:11, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:41:21 +0100, rbowman wrote:

I find running more enjoyable, and it's almost as fast.

Wait until your of an age to be interested in knee replacement surgery...

Actually I find cycling more likely to give me a sore knee.

Maybe you should do what I do and run barefoot. It prevents bad habits
like planting your heel first, sending shockwaves through your joints.

Well I don't you megalomaniac.
Old June 11th 17, 10:28 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10.06.2017 22:42, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:25:40 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 10.06.2017 01:57, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

On 09.06.2017 04:33, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Well with those silly shorts and helmet...

At least I ride a bike, a very convenient delightful economical viable
means of transport, and we all know that YOU think bicyclists are the
****witted pits of humanity.
I really feel complimented by that, because YOU said it.

Bikes are ok in the city where the traffic is slow.

I live out where it is about a 3 to 5 mile trip to town. I hate the
spandex riders on the country roads slowing up things. If thye just
want to ride for the fun of it, go to a park or some place off the main
roads. Same for those mini motocycles or whatever they are that only do
about 20 MPH.

5 miles for me is nothing.
I must be unusual. I periodically pull aside to let faster traffic pass,
if necessary (not often).

Most cyclists (and slow vehicles like buses and tractors) don't.

Thank God I am not most bicyclists.
You really want to categorise people, don't you?

I don't see the point of mini-motorcycles when one can get such good
exercise and movement without the smells and noise and expense of the
motor.

My car will go 120mph and get me across the country in a matter of
hours. How fast will your bicycle go?

Point missed.
Where is the exercise and delightful body movement in driving at 120mph?

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Old June 11th 17, 10:32 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10.06.2017 22:44, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
you moron.

Thanks excellently for that even greater compliment to me from YOU. Oh
do please keep them coming!

It really is a very great compliment to be called a moron by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a ****ing bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Old June 11th 17, 10:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10.06.2017 22:44, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
you moron.

And do please vomit out to me the further great honours of dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill and jetere steatopygous
pilgarlick hircine whigmaleerious rhadamanthine lintlicker
Old June 11th 17, 08:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:34:03 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:

On 10.06.2017 22:44, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
you moron.

And do please vomit out to me the further great honours of dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill and jetere steatopygous
pilgarlick hircine whigmaleerious rhadamanthine lintlicker

Grow up.

--
A woman was standing at the edge of a cliff trying to get the nerve to jump off.
A homeless drunk stopped and mumbled, "If you're about to kill yourself, how about a shag before you go?"
Old June 11th 17, 08:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 01:00:34 +0100, rbowman wrote:

And the London Underground gets you anywhere you want very quickly
indeed. You wait no more than 2 minutes and a train appears, then takes
you to any part of London very quickly indeed.

Does it take you to the part you wanted to go to, or just any part?

Boston wasn't bad during the day but the trains could be sparse after 6
or 7 and they didn't seem to be well organized if you needed to move
from the Green to the Red line to get where you were going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooQqDetiw6s

Gets you pretty close. And avoids any traffic delays. And is pretty cheap if you use it often.

Every time I've used them they're every few minutes. They're often enough to not bother checking timetables, you just goto the relevant platform and wait.

--
If an alien presented you with a piece of technology that could end all disease and famine throughout the entire planet, what would you do?
1) Present it to the President of the United States of America.
Old June 12th 17, 04:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

Gets you pretty close. And avoids any traffic delays. And is pretty
cheap if you use it often.

The bus service here is free. Most of the buses have bike racks on front
so you can continue by bike when you get close. They also have an app
that tells you when the bus is approaching your stop.

Someday I'll get on a bus just to go for a ride. Unfortunately they
don't go anywhere near where I live.
Old June 12th 17, 09:22 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 22:18:46 +1200
Peter Keller wrote:
On 09.06.2017 22:57, d wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 21:46:56 +1200
Peter Keller wrote:
On 09.06.2017 04:33, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Well with those silly shorts and helmet...

At least I ride a bike, a very convenient delightful economical viable
means of transport, and we all know that YOU think bicyclists are the

Viable so long as your journey isn't too long and doesn't have many steep
hills, you don't need to transport anything larger than a rucksack, you don't
need to wear a suit at your destination, it isn't ****ing down with rain

and/or
boiling hot and the roads arn't full of traffic that can run you over.

Other than that yes, a bicycle is a fantastic mode of transport.

True.
That leaves a majority of times when a bike IS a fantastic means of
transport.

In which case you're either unemployed or retired. For those of us who have
to commute a significant distance to work a bike is a joke.

Incidentaly, can someone tell me why cyclists who do commute think that
washing afterwards is optional? No one would dream of running 5 miles to work
and sit down at their desk still covered in sweat and stinking like a navvy,
yet some cyclists seem to think thats perfectly acceptable.

--
Spud

They deserve it? Alycidon UK 4 August 17th 15 03:13 PM
why stupid people have difficulty when faced with the truth Henry[_4_] Racing 4 July 21st 10 08:01 PM
Watch the sleazy Limeys in action! [email protected] Techniques 43 August 16th 06 08:24 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, given the number of Limeys around here. P e t e F a g e r l i n Mountain Biking 7 October 20th 03 11:12 AM