Go Cadel!

Old April 30th 06, 05:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Go Cadel!

Great ride
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...ts/romandie065

his mtb skills would go down well he
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...allery-corones

Old May 1st 06, 12:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Steve wrote:
Great ride
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...ts/romandie065

his mtb skills would go down well he
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...allery-corones

I figured he had won the Tour of Romandie when I was watching the
German news on SBS this morning.

I hear the newsreader saying the words "Romandie" and "Cadel Evans".

Immediately after that, the news switches focus to Ullrich ...

So Cadel gets a one sentence mention on the news.

Old May 1st 06, 01:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle

One more sentence than he will get on Australian Tv now the footie season is
on , SBS excepted that is .
Talking of SBS , is it only me that finds it strange that SBS 'World' Sport
covers 'Aussie Rules' in its nightly report? I would have thought that it
would have been pretty well covered on all the other channels.

Old May 1st 06, 02:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-01, Steve (aka Bruce)

One more sentence than he will get on Australian Tv now the footie season is
on , SBS excepted that is .
Talking of SBS , is it only me that finds it strange that SBS 'World' Sport
covers 'Aussie Rules' in its nightly report? I would have thought that it
would have been pretty well covered on all the other channels.

One wonders why Tomalaris specifically mentioned on the last
cyclingcentral that the TdF would not be interrupted this year. Was
it because of the complaints to the SBS that they are meant to be a
multicultural station, TdF is both cultural, and the most watched
sport in the world, and cricket... isn't?

--
TimC
An engineer is someone who does list processing in FORTRAN.
Old May 1st 06, 02:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-01, Steve (aka Bruce)

One more sentence than he will get on Australian Tv now the footie season is
on , SBS excepted that is .
Talking of SBS , is it only me that finds it strange that SBS 'World' Sport
covers 'Aussie Rules' in its nightly report? I would have thought that it
would have been pretty well covered on all the other channels.

One wonders why Tomalaris specifically mentioned on the last
cyclingcentral that the TdF would not be interrupted this year. Was
it because of the complaints to the SBS that they are meant to be a
multicultural station, TdF is both cultural, and the most watched
sport in the world, and cricket... isn't?

Hmm, I have a concern about the World Cup and TdF crossing paths. World
Cup is 9th June to 9th July, and TdF starts 1st July. Given SBS are
doing both how will that work?

DaveB
Old May 1st 06, 02:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-01, DaveB (aka Bruce)
TimC wrote:
One wonders why Tomalaris specifically mentioned on the last
cyclingcentral that the TdF would not be interrupted this year. Was
it because of the complaints to the SBS that they are meant to be a
multicultural station, TdF is both cultural, and the most watched
sport in the world, and cricket... isn't?

Hmm, I have a concern about the World Cup and TdF crossing paths. World
Cup is 9th June to 9th July, and TdF starts 1st July. Given SBS are
doing both how will that work?

TdF won't be interrupted. They just won't show it at all.

--
TimC
This message consists entirely of true bits and false bits!
Old May 1st 06, 02:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-01, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
petulance Wrote:
I figured he had won the Tour of Romandie when I was watching the
German news on SBS this morning.

I hear the newsreader saying the words "Romandie" and "Cadel Evans".

Immediately after that, the news switches focus to Ullrich ...

So Cadel gets a one sentence mention on the news.

Translated to...

"Jan was unable to reach into jersey pocket and find pie for sustanence

because of his gut -----^
so ate the cloest thing he could find, Cadel..."

Jan bashing is so easy. Much easier than trying to keep up with the
big guy, even on hills

--
TimC
Modus Ponens in action:
Old May 1st 06, 02:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle

In article
,
"Steve" wrote:

Talking of SBS , is it only me that finds it strange that SBS 'World' Sport
covers 'Aussie Rules' in its nightly report?

Not me. Just because the others are blinkered doesn't mean SBS has to be
too, even if in a different direction.

I would have thought that it
would have been pretty well covered on all the other channels.

Why should they send viewers to other channels?

--
Shane Stanley
Old May 1st 06, 02:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

In article
,
TimC wrote:

One wonders why Tomalaris specifically mentioned on the last
cyclingcentral that the TdF would not be interrupted this year. Was
it because of the complaints to the SBS that they are meant to be a
multicultural station, TdF is both cultural, and the most watched
sport in the world, and cricket... isn't?

I doubt it was anything quite so pompous. More just pointing out that
there would be no clash this year.

--
Shane Stanley
Old May 1st 06, 03:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle

DaveB Wrote:

Hmm, I have a concern about the World Cup and TdF crossing paths.
World
Cup is 9th June to 9th July, and TdF starts 1st July. Given SBS are
doing both how will that work?

DaveB

Presumably many/most of the WorldCup games will be palyed at nigh (ie
primetime TV) in Germany, thus NOT clashing (too much, if at all with
TdF.
No idea if my theory is correct or not tho...

--
flyingdutch

Cadel Evans vs Michael Rogers [email protected] Australia 25 July 21st 05 04:21 PM
Cadel on Moreau acalcium Australia 2 July 18th 05 01:22 PM
Cadel Evans healing procedure--quackery or sound scientific principle? Kyle Legate Racing 4 May 16th 05 04:25 AM
Cadel Evans to Lotto? patch70 Racing 6 August 5th 04 07:37 AM
Cadel Evans is out of the tour squad!!!! jazmo Australia 10 June 30th 04 10:27 AM