Global Warming

Old April 4th 08, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Global Warming

On Apr 3, 10:27 pm, William Asher wrote:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...df/452531a.pdf

Discussion of the article:

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080402/pdf/452508a.pdf

Top five terms that make you think climate scientists are, um, a tad
frustrated:

5. Forcings
4. Global warming
3. Pielke
2. La Nina
1. O-zone
Old April 4th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

wrote:

On Apr 3, 10:27 pm, William Asher wrote:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...df/452531a.pdf

Discussion of the article:

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080402/pdf/452508a.pdf

Top five terms that make you think climate scientists are, um, a tad
frustrated:

5. Forcings
4. Global warming
3. Pielke
2. La Nina
1. O-zone

Top five terms demonstrating they are perverts:

5. Decadal oscillation
4. Deep convection
3. Thermohaline circulation
2. Polar amplification
1. Deep ice core

--
Bill Asher
Old April 9th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Apr 3, 8:19*pm, William Asher wrote:

This has been the best usenet climate change thread ever. *

--
Bill Asher- Hide quoted text -

Hey Bill
Some more possibly incredibly good news he
http://tinyurl.com/5rt9h9
quoted:
$1 per gallon biofuel touted
Wednesday, April 09, 2008By STAN
AMHERST - Researchers at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst have
made a potential breakthrough in the development of "green gasoline,"
a biofuel that could cost as little as $1 a gallon.

Using a revolutionary process that rapidly heats, then cools wood,
grass or other plants to extract hydrocarbons, George W. Huber, an
assistant professor of chemical engineering, and a team of graduate
students were able to produce a liquid identical to gasoline in a
single-step process that took under a minute.

"We've proven this method on a small scale in the lab," Huber said.
"But we need to make further improvements and prove it on a large
scale before it's going to be economically viable."

Then there's the flip side:
http://www.recorder.com/story.cfm?id_no=4985903

River at risk

BY RICHIE DAVIS RECORDER STAFF
Published: Wednesday, April 09, 2008

AMHERST -- Climate change will reduce the availability of water in the
Connecticut River in summer and increase sediment and pollution loads,
according to a University of Massachusetts researcher.

This would be a disaster for me personally anyway as the river and
it's surroundings are up there with bicycles in my world, and the new
house is right near the river, and on a pond that used to be part of
the river.
Bill C

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/central/crgw.htm
http://www.ctriver.org/
http://www.portlandriversidemarina.c...er_raft_links/

Published: Wednesday, April 09, 2008

AMHERST -- Climate change will reduce the availability of water in the
Connecticut River in summer and increase sediment and pollution loads,
according to a University of Massachusetts researcher.

This would be a disaster for me personally anyway as the river and
it's surroundings are up there with bicycles in my world, and the new
house is right near the river, and on a pond that used to be part of
the river.
Bill C

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/central/crgw.htm
http://www.ctriver.org/
http://www.portlandriversidemarina.c...er_raft_links/

Interesting story on the biofuel. However, I think it is odd though that
we put so much effort into finding ways to continue on with lifestyles that
are inherently unsustainable.

I think decreased water in the Connecticut River is going to be the least
of your worries in 15 years. But then I am a Casandrist at heart, mainly
because it goes so well with being a misanthropic secular nihilist.

--
Bill Asher
Old April 10th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Apr 2, 3:06*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling off..
I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING again?

Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

Dumbass -

It hasn't cycled at this rate in at least 100,000 years (based upon
ice cores).

One of the wonderful things about this election is that the Global
Warming Deniers don't have a candidate who is as stupid as they are.

John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama all plan on doing
something to reduce carbon emissions.

Bon apetit!

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Published: Wednesday, April 09, 2008

[...]

You've got to read Florence King's books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_King
Love her!
Bill C
Old April 10th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
On Apr 2, 3:06 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
off.
I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING again?

Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

It hasn't cycled at this rate in at least 100,000 years (based upon
ice cores).

By all means tell us everything you know about ice cores.

One of the wonderful things about this election is that the Global
Warming Deniers don't have a candidate who is as stupid as they are.

Not nearly as stupid as someone who is willing to believe that the earth
isn't stable.

Old April 10th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Apr 10, 5:17 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
On Apr 2, 3:06 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
off.
I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING again?

Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

It hasn't cycled at this rate in at least 100,000 years (based upon
ice cores).

By all means tell us everything you know about ice cores.

One of the wonderful things about this election is that the Global
Warming Deniers don't have a candidate who is as stupid as they are.

Not nearly as stupid as someone who is willing to believe that the earth
isn't stable.

Look who's commenting on stability. Thanks, I needed a chuckle!

Old April 11th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:51:58 -0700 (PDT), Kurgan Gringioni
wrote:

John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama all plan on doing
something to reduce carbon emissions.

And just exactly what would that be? Presidents don't make laws,
Congress does.

Any international treaty must be approved by the Senate. When the
Senate got wind that Clinton wanted to sign the Kyoto Treaty it passed
a resolution condemning the treaty 95-0. Clinton, sent Al Gore to
sign the treaty, which he did, but Clinton never sent it to the Senate
for ratification.
Old April 11th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

wrote:
John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama all plan on doing
something to reduce carbon emissions.

And just exactly what would that be? *Presidents don't make laws,
Congress does. *

Any international treaty must be approved by the Senate. *When the
Senate got wind that Clinton wanted to sign the Kyoto Treaty it passed
a resolution condemning the treaty 95-0. *Clinton, sent Al Gore to
sign the treaty, which he did, but Clinton never sent it to the Senate
for ratification.

Dumbass -

It's a decade later. The Democrats will control Congress. The balance
of public opinion has swung the other way because of the relentless
amount of scientific evidence that supports the theory.

The three remaining presidential candidates have the same opinion on
that issue for a reason.

You've got no horse in the race buddy. Get used to it.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Damn Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 16 February 9th 08 04:44 AM
A little global warming WeaselPoopPower Racing 1 November 16th 07 06:47 AM
Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 212 November 16th 07 02:41 AM
Global Warming Richard Bates UK 84 July 25th 04 11:58 PM