Global Warming

Old April 12th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Hobbes@spnb&s.com

Default Global Warming

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:04:33 -0700 (PDT), Kurgan Gringioni
wrote:

On Apr 11, 6:52*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"William Asher" wrote in message

Remember, I'm here to help.

So what do you drive again?

Dumbass -

You know what blows me away about some of you Deniers? You're all anti-
wind energy and all that.

I'm not anti-any-damn-thing other than most government subsidies, but that's
just general politics, not just this case. I'm all for the research programs.

Do those windmills no longer have piles of dead birds under them, or is that
okay now.

If the government made it policy, electricity would cost a little bit
more, but the $$$ could go to equipment manufactured and installed by
American companies and American workers. The oil?

Oil money goes to places like Saudi Arabi, Iraq, Iran, Venezuela,
Nigeria. Some of it probably goes from there to the pockets of various
extremist groups with whom we've been in conflict.

Ideology. It doesn't make sense.

And neither will the Saudis once we start working the deposits we have here.
Old April 12th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Hobbes@spnb&s.com

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:09:21 -0700 (PDT), Kurgan Gringioni
wrote:

On Apr 11, 12:43*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

On Apr 11, 6:52 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

You know what blows me away about some of you Deniers? You're all anti-
wind energy and all that.

The real comedy is that you're so slow that no one here can slow their minds
enough to comprehend what you're thinking. My brother used to work for
Windpower, I've worked on alternative energy resources for companies in a
commercial sense and as far back as 1974 I was having these same arguments
in newspaper editorials that Solar and Wind wouldn't become practical until
the AVAILABILITY of oil started becoming a problem. And gee, I was right and
all those big-mouthed fools such a yourself were wrong. Yet again.

If the government made it policy, electricity would cost a little bit
more, but the $$$ could go to equipment manufactured and installed by
American companies and American workers. The oil?

Do you even understand what the hell you're talking about?

Oil money goes to places like Saudi Arabi, Iraq, Iran, Venezuela,
Nigeria. Some of it probably goes from there to the pockets of various
extremist groups with whom we've been in conflict.

What happens to those places when the oil runs out?

Dumbass -

When that starts happening, we better have alternative sources ready
to go, right?

Well . . .

Bakken Formation.
Old April 12th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On Apr 11, 3:31 pm, William Asher wrote:

Off to wax car, paint fence, sand deck.

Tom Sawyer would be able to get someone else to paint the fence.
Old April 12th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST

On 4/2/08 7:38 PM, in article
, "Howard Kveck"
wrote:

In article
,
Bill C wrote:

On Apr 2, 7:35*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
m...
So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
off. I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING
again?

Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

Tom: What was the length of the cooling sun cycle Nova spoke of? As in, is
this something we have to worry about in the next 500 years, or 5,000?

Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
with nature destroyed utterly.

Time for him to write the ELF another check.

http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm

This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
perjury.

Where is Ted ****ing Turner's name in that, Bill??????????? How about
MoveOn?
Because I MUST HAVE ****ING MISSED IT.

What a ****in moron..........

http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm

" An organization called the Ruckus Society was started by another Earth
First! co-founder named Mike Roselle. This group was largely responsible for
the 1999 anti-WTO protests in Seattle, which ended in mass rioting and the
destruction of Starbucks and McDonald's restaurants. The Ruckus Society
trains young activists in the techniques of "monkeywrenching" which, when
applied, result in property crimes of enormous financial cost.

The Ruckus Society and the Rainforest Action Network (another outfit founded
by Mr. Roselle) are tax-exempt organization that have enjoyed contributions
from such mainstream sources as Ted Turner and Ben & Jerry's. When will this
breeding ground for environmental criminals be held accountable?"

Old April 12th 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

William Asher wrote:
Off to wax car

A good idea if its wet a lot.

Old April 12th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Apr 11, 2:22*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

When that starts happening, we better have alternative sources ready
to go, right?

If you don't understand what's going on in the energy business why don't you
actually go out and find out rather than listening to morons on the left?

Dumbass -

When all else fails, the ad hominem is inevitable.

If we put more resources into finding alternative sources of energy
(like Denmark which currently supplies 20% of electricity needs
through wind and has a long term goal of 80%), we could be paying the
Saudis, Iraqis and the Iranians $30/barrel (like we were 5 years ago)
instead of $100/barrel.

The supply/demand equation has gotten out of whack. The policy should
be to wean ourselves from the Saudis/Iraqis/Iranians/Venezuelans.

It's doable. The United States is capable of being the most innovative
culture on the face of the planet if the leadership is there.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old April 12th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 11, 10:07 pm, Donald Munro wrote:
William Asher wrote:
Off to wax car

A good idea if its wet a lot.

He's been riding it hard.
Old April 13th 08, 08:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 10, 1:12*pm, William Asher wrote:
Bill C wrote:
http://www.recorder.com/story.cfm?id_no=4985903

River at risk

*BY RICHIE DAVIS RECORDER STAFF
Published: Wednesday, April 09, 2008

AMHERST -- Climate change will reduce the availability of water in the
Connecticut River in summer and increase sediment and pollution loads,
according to a University of Massachusetts researcher.

This would be a disaster for me personally anyway as the river and
it's surroundings are up there with bicycles in my world, and the new
house is right near the river, and on a pond that used to be part of
the river.
*Bill C

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/central/crgw.htm
http://www.ctriver.org/
*http://www.portlandriversidemarina.c...er_raft_links/

Interesting story on the biofuel. *However, I think it is odd though that
we put so much effort into finding ways to continue on with lifestyles that
are inherently unsustainable. *

I think decreased water in the Connecticut River is going to be the least
of your worries in 15 years. *But then I am a Casandrist at heart, mainly
because it goes so well with being a misanthropic secular nihilist. *

Well, the bad news is that increased heavy rainfall in
the Northeast may flood Bill's house. The good news
is that we'll all be able to maintain our unsustainable
lifestyles a bit longer by damming the river (hey, his house
is already flooded, so who cares if it's submerged?) and
shipping water and power here to Arizona, where we'll
be dying of thirst and lack of power to run our A/C units,
except for the fact that we'll have persuaded the Feds to
let us steal Massachusetts's water. States' rights has
a funny way of going out the window sometimes, and
in 15 years, we may have more electoral votes, so the
outcome is fore-ordained.

Ben
Forget SUVs, what we need is to ban
golf courses in Scottsdale.

Old April 13th 08, 08:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

If we put more resources into finding alternative sources of energy
(like Denmark which currently supplies 20% of electricity needs
through wind and has a long term goal of 80%), we could be paying the
Saudis, Iraqis and the Iranians $30/barrel (like we were 5 years ago)
instead of $100/barrel.

Iceland would make a better example. 70% of energy from renewable
sources and a long term goal of 100% energy independence by 2050.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceland#Energy

Damn Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 16 February 9th 08 04:44 AM
A little global warming WeaselPoopPower Racing 1 November 16th 07 06:47 AM
Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 212 November 16th 07 02:41 AM
Global Warming Richard Bates UK 84 July 25th 04 11:58 PM