TdF Warrany Claims

Old July 9th 18, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default TdF Warrany Claims

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...age-one-385615

Quintana rode over a speed bump and broke both wheels -- Boras I believe.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old July 9th 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 7/9/2018 11:37 AM, jbeattie wrote:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...age-one-385615

Quintana rode over a speed bump and broke both wheels -- Boras I believe.

-- Jay Beattie.

Sounds like he needs a good lawyer.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 9th 18, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 10:37:07 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...age-one-385615

Quintana rode over a speed bump and broke both wheels -- Boras I believe.

-- Jay Beattie.

I watched the first Tour stage. The final kilometers, half hour, were wild with crashes. Almost everyone hit the ground. I remember hearing the announcers talk about the speed bump. But did not rewind to watch it closely or pay attention to exactly what happened. So I can't confirm or deny your angle of the speed bump wrecking both wheels. Its easy to believe the speed bump caused riders to crash at 30 mph, and in the crash wheels were broken. But that is a little different from the speed bump itself breaking the wheels.
Old July 9th 18, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 1:35:48 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 10:37:07 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...age-one-385615

Quintana rode over a speed bump and broke both wheels -- Boras I believe.

-- Jay Beattie.

I watched the first Tour stage. The final kilometers, half hour, were wild with crashes. Almost everyone hit the ground. I remember hearing the announcers talk about the speed bump. But did not rewind to watch it closely or pay attention to exactly what happened. So I can't confirm or deny your angle of the speed bump wrecking both wheels. Its easy to believe the speed bump caused riders to crash at 30 mph, and in the crash wheels were broken. But that is a little different from the speed bump itself breaking the wheels.

I'm waiting for additional explanation. The whole Movistar team is riding the same wheels, AFAIK, and it's not like Quintana -- all 128lbs -- presents that much of an impact load.

Yah, this year's TdF is a demolition derby. My son bought the streaming service, so he watches in the morning and then we all watch at night. Sagan's victory yesterday and his Yogi Berra-ish post race interview was worth the price of admission.

-- Jay Beattie
Old July 10th 18, 07:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 11:33:07 PM UTC+2, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

He went over the curbs with 55-60 km/hr at a spot were the road narrowed. He was not paying attention.

Yah, this year's TdF is a demolition derby. My son bought the streaming service, so he watches in the morning and then we all watch at night. Sagan's victory yesterday and his Yogi Berra-ish post race interview was worth the price of admission.

Live coverage here from start to finish with no additional cost.

Lou

Old July 10th 18, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 9:56:39 PM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/9/2018 11:37 AM, jbeattie wrote:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...age-one-385615

Quintana rode over a speed bump and broke both wheels -- Boras I believe.

-- Jay Beattie.

Sounds like he needs a good lawyer.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Laywer? Why? Pro riders don't have to pay for their wheels.

Lou
Old July 10th 18, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 11:07:03 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

It's probably on cable, but I don't have cable, so the streaming is a nice service. You wonder what sort of impact the wheels sustained if Quintana didn't crash and simply rode over the curb or bump.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old July 10th 18, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 7/10/2018 2:23 AM, wrote:
On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 9:56:39 PM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/9/2018 11:37 AM, jbeattie wrote:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...age-one-385615

Quintana rode over a speed bump and broke both wheels -- Boras I believe.

-- Jay Beattie.

Sounds like he needs a good lawyer.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Laywer? Why? Pro riders don't have to pay for their wheels.

Lou

It was just a quip, Lou. Sheesh.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 10th 18, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I though it was road furniture, he has a bit of a knack of this sort of
thing, the wheels weren’t Pringled from memory so presumably he rode over,
but wheels where cracked?

Roger Merriman

A Psychopath Claims Yet Another Victim ... John Smith[_7_] UK 2 November 13th 15 10:31 AM
A Psychopath Claims *Another* Victim .. John Smith[_7_] UK 5 November 8th 15 08:49 PM
Ferrari claims that... atriage[_6_] Racing 5 October 22nd 12 02:05 PM
Gerdemann's Claims Tom Kunich Racing 7 October 7th 09 09:45 AM
claims..... sal bass Techniques 9 February 26th 07 01:12 AM