Pageboy

Old September 29th 09, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Pageboy

On Sep 28, 5:03*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
" wrote in message

Rolling tubs in cross is a little bit different than
everywhere else because of the low tire pressure.
This seems to make it easier for the tires to creep
around the rim, so that they get bunched up near
the valve hole. *At least, I've seen that happen to
friends of mine (I never rode cross tubulars).

But you seem to know all about them.

Tom-Tom also wrote in other posts:

Just
so we're clear on it - I have a couple sets of glue-on cyclocross knobbies
down in the garage at the moment. And I have never rolled a glue-on either.

Old September 29th 09, 06:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Sep 28, 10:22*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

*KG wrote:
On Sep 28, 2:08*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
"ronaldo_jeremiah" wrote in message

On Sep 28, 10:25 am, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
"ronaldo_jeremiah" wrote in message
Yeah. If I rolled a borrowed tire on Saturday, I'd probably check my
other borrowed tires for Sunday. But that's just me. I'm crazy like
that.

Interesting that you seem to know so much about how, where and why he
obtained those wheels.

Kindly explain to us the justifiable circumstances under which a
professional cyclist rolls three tires in two days.

By using wheels from DIFFERENT sources which are usually reliable.

snip

Rush Limbaugh Hypocrite -

Whatever happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?

Domoor, he's saying that rolled tires mean Page was unlucky. He's not
saying Page deserves a do-over.

Dumbass -

Once is unlucky. The same thing the next day is failing to learn from
one's mistakes. Trying to paint that as unlucky is the worst of bike
racing characteristics: the excuse making.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old September 29th 09, 09:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

*KG wrote:
[...]

"Once is chance, twice coincidence, three times is a pattern."

Two and three happened in the same instant.

If Page rolls a tubie in his next race, then we'll talk.

Old September 29th 09, 09:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
THREE TIMES. IN TWO DAYS.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Are we sure Jon Page glues his own tires? He says they were from someone
else.

Where's Jerry from Vermont when you need him ?
Old September 29th 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:54:59 -0700 (PDT), ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:

Three times in two days. To a professional cyclist. This is the part
you're supposed to explain.

From the two articles I read, the two rolled at the same time, which
makes it more an issue of two times. It is very easy to imagine that
he tried a maneuver that rolled one tire that led to the second
rolling as well. Hardly unusual. And I can remember watching a
cyclocross when the rider went sideways up the berm and wondering how
he was going to get back down that way without rolling a tire, so it
could have been what he was doing as much as the tire. **** happens.

FWIW, I rolled two tires when the front popped, fizzed and rolled and
the rear took an odd slide on the roadway. I don't think either were
badly glued. **** happens.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old September 29th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

"Once is chance, twice coincidence, three times is a pattern."

Two and three happened in the same instant.

If Page rolls a tubie in his next race, then we'll talk.

I find it interesting that the people talking about this as if it were a
mortal sin probably haven't the slightest idea what actually happened. If
these WERE new carbon wheels as some have suggested it's possible that the
finish wouldn't allow the glue to hold. And if he was borrowing these wheels
perhaps he didn't feel like he should sand the finish.

But then it appears that those who know the least tend to cast the harshest
aspersions.

Old September 30th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Sep 29, 8:36*am, wrote:

FWIW, I rolled two tires when the front popped, fizzed and rolled and
the rear took an odd slide on the roadway. I don't think either were
badly glued. **** happens.

I saw a guy roll two clinchers simultaneously when he hit his pedal in
a turn and hopped his bike sideways.
Old September 30th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" wrote:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

"Once is chance, twice coincidence, three times is a pattern."

Two and three happened in the same instant.

If Page rolls a tubie in his next race, then we'll talk.

I find it interesting that the people talking about this as if it were a
mortal sin probably haven't the slightest idea what actually happened.

On the other hand, you seem content to throw out one excuse after another without
having the slightest idea what actually happened.

If these WERE new carbon wheels as some have suggested it's possible that the
finish wouldn't allow the glue to hold. And if he was borrowing these wheels
perhaps he didn't feel like he should sand the finish.

You seem to be suggesting that Edge don't know how to finish a carbon rim so that
the glue sticks properly. I find that rather implausible.

But then it appears that those who know the least tend to cast the harshest
aspersions.

Why not just admit you're wrong, or quit trying to defend a position that's
indefensible?

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 30th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Sep 29, 1:26*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

*KG wrote:
[...]

You're excuse making. Very lame, although not unexpected since you are
connected to bike racing.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.