Alcohol meter - The Final Experiment

Old January 14th 12, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Alcohol meter - The Final Experiment

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 02:35:28 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:01*pm, "Partac" wrote:
wrote in ...

On Jan 13, 9:46 pm, "Partac" wrote:

wrote in

On Jan 13, 9:21 pm, "Partac" wrote:

Partac would no doubt keel over with the whiff of a barmaid's apron.

Probably not, but then I wouldn't be bragging about the amount I drink,
either. All drunks think they're being entertaining and funny, but
people
who engage in moderate social drinking (as opposed to getting arseholed
every night for the sake of it) tend to find them tedious and
irritating,
and not at all amusing.

Tedious, irritating and not at all amusing you say?
You have saved me a job in finding the most apt words to describe your
contributions to this newsgroup.

Too ****ed to find your own words, are you? I would try again on Sunday
when
you've sobered up - providing you can stay off the booze on Saturday, that
is.

On second thoughts, cancel that comment - it won't happen.

Wrong again - I have not touched a drop all night.
Try again at 0100 - you may have more luck.

So you will have to have your fix of alcohol then?- Hide quoted text -

I will probably have a few tonight - not that it is any business of
yours of course.

You have of course made it the business of everyone who reads this newsgroup.

Have you noticed - not one person has said how sensible your drinking habits
are? Not even those you probably count as friends.

Old January 15th 12, 04:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jan 14, 12:51*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Do you know, I did manage that. *It took me a while to remember, but I
was drinking 3.8% bitter from 11:30 to 11:30 at one pint an hour with
two small meals. * I was as bright as a button until I'd topped up
with a couple of large whiskies just before closing. *Probably took 20
minutes before the extra alcohol absorption was revealed in dulled
thinking.

Yes, it is all about blood alcohol concentration and not about units
per day.
On the day you drank a pint an hour, you found that you did not even
get tipsy despite drinking 24 units a day.
See what rubbish the recommended limit are?

--
Simon Mason
Old January 15th 12, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 15/01/2012 04:54, Simon Mason wrote:

On Jan 14, 12:51 pm, wrote:

Do you know, I did manage that. It took me a while to remember, but I
was drinking 3.8% bitter from 11:30 to 11:30 at one pint an hour with
two small meals. I was as bright as a button until I'd topped up
with a couple of large whiskies just before closing. Probably took 20
minutes before the extra alcohol absorption was revealed in dulled
thinking.

Yes, it is all about blood alcohol concentration and not about units
per day.
On the day you drank a pint an hour, you found that you did not even
get tipsy despite drinking 24 units a day.
See what rubbish the recommended limit are?

The recommended limits are not about staying sober. They are about preventing
damage to the bodily organs.

Any alcoholic worth his salt can drink amounts which would deck a normal
person and still show few signs of intoxication.
Old January 15th 12, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Jan 14, 12:51 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Many people are only worth sodium chloride, whatever alcohol they
consume, just check their larder.
Old January 15th 12, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Jan 15, 4:54*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Jan 14, 12:51*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Do you know, I did manage that. *It took me a while to remember, but I
was drinking 3.8% bitter from 11:30 to 11:30 at one pint an hour with
two small meals. * I was as bright as a button until I'd topped up
with a couple of large whiskies just before closing. *Probably took 20
minutes before the extra alcohol absorption was revealed in dulled
thinking.

Yes, it is all about blood alcohol concentration and not about units
per day.

I've yet to check the reference. There could be some validity in
what you say as for a lunchtime session, one would probably not wish
to exceed the "daily allowance" or ration if one wished to retain full
capability at work.

On the day you drank a pint an hour, you found that you did not even
get tipsy despite drinking 24 units a day.
See what rubbish the recommended limit are?

Don't forget to drink a glass of water before and after each of those
two bottles of beer. Perhaps the government should repeal the law
which protects us from watered beer, it'll all be so simple if all you
could buy is Tesco's 2% ABV lager. Of course you will be paying
£1.50 a can for it instead of 29p I don't think it's an idea that
will catch on myself.
Old January 15th 12, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:30:06 +0000, JNugent wrote:

snip

Any alcoholic worth his salt can drink amounts which would deck a normal
person and still show few signs of intoxication.

Does it matter if it's sea salt - or Saxa: is one worth more than the other?

Old January 16th 12, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Jan 15, 9:37*am, thirty-six wrote:
On the day you drank a pint an hour, you found that you did not even
get tipsy despite drinking 24 units a day.
See what rubbish the recommended limit are?

Don't forget to drink a glass of water before and after each of those
two bottles of beer. * Perhaps the government should repeal the law
which protects us from watered beer, it'll all be so simple if all you
could buy is Tesco's 2% ABV lager. * Of course you will be paying
£1.50 a can for it instead of 29p *I don't think it's an idea that
will catch on myself.

Any beer that is less than 3% is not classed as an alcoholic beverage
anyway, IIRC. And I thank goodness I do not live in Scotland where
cheap multibuy options are illegal as I can get some good beers for
1.50 a litre, which is still a rip off when you come to think about
it. Beer is 96% water with a few weeds chucked into it, but petrol is
cheaper and that is a finite resource that has to be located,
extracted, transported and refined.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 16th 12, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Jan 16, 7:28*am, wrote:
[...]

The breweries prefer to sell their beer to the food hoarders who carry
it all over the country to distribution points called supermarkets.
With a bit of luck, the water they use will be good and pure, The
malt will have been well converted from barley and the hops will
remain fragrant. There is a general desire to have clarity in our
brew, so boiling of the wort is essential to satisfy this and
packaging requirements. It takes more time and energy, it is a
production cost which cannot be ignored. Bottling at a remote
location is in itself a wasteful procedure and local bottling at the
point of sale is a much more satisfactory and economical procedure,
inclding returnable containers.
It would make more sense if you bought your beer by the keg. Many
breweries now do the small 50l kegs and you could run two or three
without problem, A small chest freezer can be used to keep them cool
in the summer, just turning it on for an hour (timeswitch) about three
hours before you need the beer.
Old January 16th 12, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 16/01/2012 07:28, wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:37 am, wrote:
On the day you drank a pint an hour, you found that you did not even
get tipsy despite drinking 24 units a day.
See what rubbish the recommended limit are?

Don't forget to drink a glass of water before and after each of those
two bottles of beer. Perhaps the government should repeal the law
which protects us from watered beer, it'll all be so simple if all you
could buy is Tesco's 2% ABV lager. Of course you will be paying
£1.50 a can for it instead of 29p I don't think it's an idea that
will catch on myself.

Any beer that is less than 3% is not classed as an alcoholic beverage
anyway, IIRC.

Wrong again **** for brains, that denial is kicking in once more.

"Specified descriptions can be used to describe drinks of not more than
1.2%(abv). These descriptions include:

· "low alcohol" - a drink with an alcoholic strength by volume of not
more than 1.2%;

· "de-alcoholised" - a drink from which the alcohol has been extracted
and which has an alcoholic strength by volume of not more than 0.5%; and

· "alcohol-free" - a drink from which the alcohol has been extracted and
which has an alcoholic strength by volume of not more than 0.05%".

8 Ace.

University
Old January 16th 12, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Jan 16, 9:01*am, thirty-six wrote:
It would make more sense if you bought your beer by the keg. *Many
breweries now do the small 50l kegs and you could run two *or three
without problem, *A small chest freezer can be used to keep them cool
in the summer, just turning it on for an hour (timeswitch) about three
hours before you need the beer.- Hide quoted text -

The freezer in the garage/workshop is full of food that we receive
from Sainsbury's every week. The top half fridge bit is laden with
Indian pickles, chutneys, mustards and canned and bottled beers, so
the keg idea would need a separate chest freezer.

--
Simon Mason

Alcohol meter Simon Mason[_4_] UK 129 January 4th 12 02:46 AM
Alcohol Use / Helmet Use Jym Dyer General 1 April 18th 10 08:38 PM
alcohol update A Muzi Techniques 6 October 27th 07 12:37 PM
The alcohol volume [email protected] Racing 1 August 1st 06 09:11 AM
bikes & alcohol in W.A. Mike Australia 1 December 11th 04 11:09 AM