Why are they allowed to block Cycle Route 1 and the Thames Path?

Old January 15th 12, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Beretie Wooster

Default Why are they allowed to block Cycle Route 1 and the Thames Path?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:24:34 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 15/01/2012 20:35, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:39:54 +0000,
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:05:13 +0000, Bertie wrote:

snip

Not at all. Just before Christmas I had a formal appraisal from my
headteacher and deputy headteacher. They observed a maths lesson, and
both agreed it was an 'outstanding' lesson.

When Ofsted last visited our school, my cycle training programme was
graded as 'outstanding'.

Isn't incredible how some people just have to tell us how good (they think)
they are.

In this case it was Ofsted telling me how good I am.

You will be telling us how well off you are in a minute.

It seems I would be considerably richer if I were an unskilled
handyman.

I wouldn't know, I'm a highly skilled handyman. But you would pay
considerably less tax.

The taxman pays me!
Old January 16th 12, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:35:04 +0000, Tom Crispin wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:39:54 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:05:13 +0000, Bertie Wooster wrote:

snip

Not at all. Just before Christmas I had a formal appraisal from my
headteacher and deputy headteacher. They observed a maths lesson, and
both agreed it was an 'outstanding' lesson.

When Ofsted last visited our school, my cycle training programme was
graded as 'outstanding'.

Isn't incredible how some people just have to tell us how good (they think)
they are.

In this case it was Ofsted telling me how good I am.

Oh really - I did not see their post in URC

You of course felt the need to tell *us* how smart you think you are.

You will be telling us how well off you are in a minute.

It seems I would be considerably richer if I were an unskilled
handyman.

There you go again - you have absolutely no idea of any qualification as a
handyman - or indeed in any other matter - that anyone here has; nor do you
have any idea of anyone's financial well-being - unless it is the Porker, you,
or Simple Simon who thinks that such things are important to others.

They aren't; however, I can see that you like to make a **** of yourself.

Do you ever wonder if people who know you in the real world look you up - see
what sort of things you say in public?

I wonder why so many of the psycholists here have to tell us how much they have spent on this thing or that thing.

I think it must be some sort of insecurity.

Old January 16th 12, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:36:02 +0000, Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:23:49 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:10:10 +0000, Bertie Wooster wrote:

snip

We're close to skint, having spent something in the region of £130,000
on our house refurbishment

. However, we should
be able to find the money to take the tandem from Portsmouth to
Santander and touring northern Spain for a week or two.

Our main
holiday this year was over Christmas to our penthouse apartment on the
South China Sea.

However, if we manage to sell the smaller apartment in Sanya, we will
be flush with cash again.

I am sorry

Are you? Really!?

I can't recall what I said now - as you have snipped it.

Did I say :

"I am sorry - do you mind if I call you a ****?"

I may well have said that.

Old January 16th 12, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Jan 14, 6:26*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:

You may be hopelessly incapable of reading and interpreting pictures,
but I expect that most able-minded adults find it particularly easy to
read Ikea instructions.

It is a good thing that Ikea uses pictures instead of written
instructions otherwise Bodge Job would be incapable of assembing those
self collapsing sideboards.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 16th 12, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Jan 14, 6:23*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 00:11:38 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason

wrote:
On Jan 14, 8:05*am, Bertie Wooster wrote:

I think that any able-bodied adult is qualified to unblock drains. But
most are perfectly content to pay someone very well to do the job for
them. I am delighted that Dave is so rich, and it is a well deserved
wealth - even if his Ikea cabinet assembly is somewhat lacking due to
his difficulty reading the instructions.- Hide quoted text -

I also pay people to do boring jobs such as putting up wallpaper that
I could do myself but can't be bothered to.

And, no doubt, you'd do a much better job of it too. I fully
understand. I'd much rather go for a cycle ride and pay others do the
boring jobs.

Yes - I can turn my hand to most things.
Electrics, car maintenance, plumbing, decorating, gardening and so on,
but I would rather pay other people to do these things so I have more
time to enjoy myself.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 16th 12, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:
On Jan 14, 8:05*am, Bertie Wooster wrote:

I think that any able-bodied adult is qualified to unblock drains. But
most are perfectly content to pay someone very well to do the job for
them. I am delighted that Dave is so rich, and it is a well deserved
wealth - even if his Ikea cabinet assembly is somewhat lacking due to
his difficulty reading the instructions.- Hide quoted text -

I also pay people to do boring jobs such as putting up wallpaper that
I could do myself but can't be bothered to.

And, no doubt, you'd do a much better job of it too. I fully
understand. I'd much rather go for a cycle ride and pay others do the
boring jobs.

Yes - I can turn my hand to most things.

I bet !!

Have a look at the pictures of the female members of staff at BP Chemicals -
and "turn your hand to them".

Ho, ho, ho - we know what you mean.

Electrics, plumbing

Yep - we have seen.

--
Mason is in denial - he is an alcoholic.
He claims that he drinks ten to twelve pints
Old January 16th 12, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Jan 13, 9:06*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:00:30 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason

wrote:
On Jan 13, 8:02 am, Bertie Wooster wrote:

The bathroom used to be four distinct spaces: bathroom, separate WC,
airing cupboard and a bit of corridor. It now has a travertine and
marble floor, underfloor heating and a wet room area: it's a luxury we
deserve.- Hide quoted text -

Like my sauna then - although I would prefer a Turkish bath.

In Sanya we have the luxury of being able to go from hot tub to the
25m swimming pool, to the sea at will. Few Chinese swim, so we have
the sea and pool more or less to ourselves. The hot tub, however, is
very popular.

I have looked at the possibility of getting a small Turkish bath and
the price does not seem to be that high, so I might end up getting one
fitted my workshop.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 16th 12, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Beretie Wooster

wrote:
[...]

After I bought my first home, in 1988, I really did enjoy installing
the central heating myself. Having tinkered with mechano as a boy, I
found it intriguing that putting together a small central heating
system, including radiators, was really no more complex than a scale
working model of a crane. Of course, as regulations stated in those
days, I did have to pay a £24 + VAT fee to have a properly qualified
plumber attach the boiler to the gas. But apart from that the full
system, including boiler, cost £945 including VAT from Do-It-All.

The system worked perfectly well until summer 2005 when the boiler
packed up and needed repalcing. By this time I was not so keen on
spending my time doing the work myself, so paid someone to do it for
me. I certainly wouldn't trust that sort of job to a handyman.

Bristol-Bath cycle path could become a bus route. Martin Dann UK 40 January 25th 08 05:56 PM
Thames Path on South Bank - cycling allowed? [email protected] UK 5 June 21st 07 04:34 PM
Thames Cycle Path Closed Tom Crispin UK 37 May 23rd 07 09:48 PM
cycle path/route along A9 ? redmist UK 5 May 9th 06 12:13 PM
HELP- With N Wales Cycle Path Route Please Rick UK 5 January 22nd 06 11:13 PM