A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Near Miss of the Day 409: Motorist incensed by cyclist filtering

Old May 16th 20, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Near Miss of the Day 409: Motorist incensed by cyclist filtering

What an absolute prick this driver is.
QUOTE:
Today’s near miss features a motorist so enraged by a cyclist (legally) filtering past him at traffic lights that he is moved to call him an ‘imbecile’, a ‘dickhead’ and a ‘****’ while intimidating him with his car.

The confrontation began at the junction of High Street and Wellington Street in Slough on Friday.

Lyndon said: “As I filtered to the front of the line of traffic at a red light, the driver of a green Mercedes clearly thought I was breaking some sort of law.

“I didn't realise at the time how close he came to driving into the back of me, and only noticed when I watched the footage when I got home.

“I turned right and figured the one honk from the driver was the end of it, but he soon pulled beside me when I entered the bus lane and shouted some obscenities as he pulled in front of me in the left lane.

“He indicated left, and I could see he was going to pinch me into the kerb, so I figured it was best to go around him in the right lane to simply get out of his space, which according to the driver made me a ‘****ing dickhead.’”

In the video, you can see that having almost come to a stop, the driver then sets off again, changes to the right hand lane and honks a bit more.

He shouts for Lyndon to pull over and calls him an ‘imbecile’.

“I shouted back that he was the idiot, and the driver slammed his brakes on and opened his door in moving traffic, getting out and shouting at me again. At this point I just wanted to leave the situation and headed for the junction.

“I saw a pedestrian and shouted at her to, ‘get your phone out and record this, this guy behind me is nuts’ – but she probably assumed I was the crazy one.

“He pulled up beside me at the lights and shouted, ‘You want to pull up? You ****ing ****,’ and continued with a tirade to that effect.

“He was wished a nice day and I headed into Windsor where I flagged down an officer and reported the incident, making a formal complaint with the footage when I got home.

“Piecing it all together, it appears the man was angry at the fact I filtered to the front of the line. Angry may he be, but it is not acceptable to use a vehicle to threaten and intimidate other road users.

“I just hope Thames Valley Police see it the same, and have the resources to prosecute this driver.”

ENDS
Let's hope so - people like this have no place on our roads.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-mi...ltering-273551
Ads
Old May 16th 20, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster

On 16/05/2020 18:03, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
Today’s near miss features a motorist so enraged by a cyclist (legally) filtering past him at traffic lights that he is moved to call him an ‘imbecile’, a ‘dickhead’ and a ‘****’ while intimidating him with his car.

The confrontation began at the junction of High Street and Wellington Street in Slough on Friday.

Lyndon said: “As I filtered to the front of the line of traffic at a red light, the driver of a green Mercedes clearly thought I was breaking some sort of law.

“I didn't realise at the time how close he came to driving into the back of me, and only noticed when I watched the footage when I got home.

“I turned right and figured the one honk from the driver was the end of it, but he soon pulled beside me when I entered the bus lane and shouted some obscenities as he pulled in front of me in the left lane.

“He indicated left, and I could see he was going to pinch me into the kerb, so I figured it was best to go around him in the right lane to simply get out of his space, which according to the driver made me a ‘****ing dickhead.’”

In the video, you can see that having almost come to a stop, the driver then sets off again, changes to the right hand lane and honks a bit more.

He shouts for Lyndon to pull over and calls him an ‘imbecile’.

“I shouted back that he was the idiot, and the driver slammed his brakes on and opened his door in moving traffic, getting out and shouting at me again. At this point I just wanted to leave the situation and headed for the junction.

“I saw a pedestrian and shouted at her to, ‘get your phone out and record this, this guy behind me is nuts’ – but she probably assumed I was the crazy one.

Yes, very probably.
Old May 16th 20, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 6:03:10 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

"Carist enraged at being delayed 1/2 second stops multiple times to complain about being delayed . . . Do these people not see the irony in themselves ?"
ENDS

Same old story - always in SUCH a hurry to get to McDonalds, but then they always seem to have all the time in the world to argue the toss with their chavvy potty mouths.
Old May 16th 20, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster

JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2020 18:03, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
Today's near miss features a motorist so enraged by a cyclist
(legally) filtering past him at traffic lights that he is moved to
call him an 'imbecile', a 'dickhead' and a '****' while intimidating
him with his car. The confrontation began at the junction of High
Street and
Wellington Street in Slough on Friday. Lyndon said: "As I filtered to the
front of the line of traffic at a
red light, the driver of a green Mercedes clearly thought I was
breaking some sort of law. "I didn't realise at the time how close he
came to driving into the
back of me, and only noticed when I watched the footage when I got
home. "I turned right and figured the one honk from the driver was the
end
of it, but he soon pulled beside me when I entered the bus lane and
shouted some obscenities as he pulled in front of me in the left
lane. "He indicated left, and I could see he was going to pinch me into
the kerb, so I figured it was best to go around him in the right
lane to simply get out of his space, which according to the driver
made me a '****ing dickhead.'" In the video, you can see that having
almost come to a stop, the
driver then sets off again, changes to the right hand lane and honks
a bit more. He shouts for Lyndon to pull over and calls him an 'imbecile'.

"I shouted back that he was the idiot, and the driver slammed his
brakes on and opened his door in moving traffic, getting out and
shouting at me again. At this point I just wanted to leave the
situation and headed for the junction. "I saw a pedestrian and shouted
at her to, 'get your phone out and
record this, this guy behind me is nuts' - but she probably assumed
I was the crazy one.

Yes, very probably.

Simon is going off his rocker. Again.