Pageboy

Old September 28th 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

Default Pageboy

From 'snooze:

"In the men’s race, Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) was once again looking
good only to fall victim to a mechanical. He and Ryan Trebon (Kona)
were off the front together, with Vervecken chasing a few seconds
back, when Page rolled both tires at the same time and hit the deck."

-rj
Old September 28th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Sep 27, 8:27*pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:
From 'snooze:

"In the men’s race, Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) was once again looking
good only to fall victim to a mechanical. He and Ryan Trebon (Kona)
were off the front together, with Vervecken chasing a few seconds
back, when Page rolled both tires at the same time and hit the deck."

-rj

Page is the Tom Danielson of cyclocross
Old September 28th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
From 'snooze:

"In the men’s race, Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) was once again looking
good only to fall victim to a mechanical. He and Ryan Trebon (Kona)
were off the front together, with Vervecken chasing a few seconds
back, when Page rolled both tires at the same time and hit the deck."

Holy ****!

From the report from the Saturday race...

http://www.velonews.com/article/9866...locross-opener
----
Page found himself taking a bike change for a very different reason —
he’d rolled a tire leading Powers up the course’s most difficult
section, a steep hill with a series of subterranean railroad ties at the
bottom referred to as “the Hillside Strangler.”
----

Bob Schwartz
Old September 28th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 27, 5:39*pm, bar wrote:
On Sep 27, 8:27*pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:

From 'snooze:

"In the men’s race, Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) was once again looking
good only to fall victim to a mechanical. He and Ryan Trebon (Kona)
were off the front together, with Vervecken chasing a few seconds
back, when Page rolled both tires at the same time and hit the deck."

-rj

Page is the Tom Danielson of cyclocross

In the sense of interminable updates on his form, perhaps,
but Page actually wins stuff occasionally. I mean, so being
US cyclocross champion is sort of like winning the Tuesday
Night Worlds, but you could say the same about any country
that isn't Belgium or maybe Holland. For quite a while,
Page was the only American willing to stick it out and
race in Europe.

I was watching Nats the time Page won it in Napa in like
12 inches of rain, and it was epic. There was one sick
downhill mudbath corner (just before the pit) that he was
flying through so much faster than everyone else ... he
earned that win. Tommy D would have gotten a cold
just from spectating that day.

Ben
Old September 28th 09, 11:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:05:59 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 27, 5:39*pm, bar wrote:
On Sep 27, 8:27*pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:

From 'snooze:

"In the men’s race, Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) was once again looking
good only to fall victim to a mechanical. He and Ryan Trebon (Kona)
were off the front together, with Vervecken chasing a few seconds
back, when Page rolled both tires at the same time and hit the deck."

-rj

Page is the Tom Danielson of cyclocross

In the sense of interminable updates on his form, perhaps,
but Page actually wins stuff occasionally. I mean, so being
US cyclocross champion is sort of like winning the Tuesday
Night Worlds, but you could say the same about any country
that isn't Belgium or maybe Holland. For quite a while,
Page was the only American willing to stick it out and
race in Europe.

Yeah, plus Page was second in the world championships.
Old September 28th 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

wrote:

On Sep 27, 5:39 pm, bar wrote:
On Sep 27, 8:27 pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:

From 'snooze:
"In the men’s race, Jonathan Page (Planet Bike) was once again looking
good only to fall victim to a mechanical. He and Ryan Trebon (Kona)
were off the front together, with Vervecken chasing a few seconds
back, when Page rolled both tires at the same time and hit the deck."
-rj
Page is the Tom Danielson of cyclocross

In the sense of interminable updates on his form, perhaps,
but Page actually wins stuff occasionally. I mean, so being
US cyclocross champion is sort of like winning the Tuesday
Night Worlds, but you could say the same about any country
that isn't Belgium or maybe Holland. For quite a while,
Page was the only American willing to stick it out and
race in Europe.

Yeah, plus Page was second in the world championships.

Gluing tires is not hard. Rolling tires in consecutive
races is pretty ****ing stupid.

Bob Schwartz
Old September 28th 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Gluing tires is not hard. Rolling tires in consecutive
races is pretty ****ing stupid.

He did not glue them himself, he used borrowed wheels because of "supply
problems."
http://cxmagazine.com/vervecken-take...bike-cup-day-2

No mention of it here, though:
http://cxmagazine.com/vervecken-fina...lanet-bike-cup
http://www.velonews.com/article/98716
Old September 28th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Susan Walker wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
Gluing tires is not hard. Rolling tires in consecutive
races is pretty ****ing stupid.

He did not glue them himself, he used borrowed wheels because of "supply
problems."
http://cxmagazine.com/vervecken-take...bike-cup-day-2

No mention of it here, though:
http://cxmagazine.com/vervecken-fina...lanet-bike-cup

http://www.velonews.com/article/98716

Gluing borrowed tires on is not hard. Rolling borrowed tires
in consecutive races is pretty ****ing stupid. Not blaming
your sponsor's stuff is the right move though. Oh well, it
only cost him 30 UCI points or so. Maybe he won't miss those
in the late season call-ups.

There is a video clip of him rolling his tire in the Saturday
race he

http://cxmagazine.com/katie-compton-...-cup-usgp-2009

Bob Schwartz
Old September 28th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Sep 28, 8:12*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Susan Walker wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
Gluing tires is not hard. Rolling tires in consecutive
races is pretty ****ing stupid.

He did not glue them himself, he used borrowed wheels because of "supply
problems."
http://cxmagazine.com/vervecken-take...ton-dominates-...

No mention of it here, though:
http://cxmagazine.com/vervecken-fina...-tour-planet-b...

http://www.velonews.com/article/98716

Gluing borrowed tires on is not hard. Rolling borrowed tires
in consecutive races is pretty ****ing stupid. Not blaming
your sponsor's stuff is the right move though. Oh well, it
only cost him 30 UCI points or so. Maybe he won't miss those
in the late season call-ups.

There is a video clip of him rolling his tire in the Saturday
race he

http://cxmagazine.com/katie-compton-...ay-1-planet-bi...

Bob Schwartz

Yeah. If I rolled a borrowed tire on Saturday, I'd probably check my
other borrowed tires for Sunday. But that's just me. I'm crazy like
that.

-rj
Old September 28th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"ronaldo_jeremiah" wrote in message

Yeah. If I rolled a borrowed tire on Saturday, I'd probably check my
other borrowed tires for Sunday. But that's just me. I'm crazy like
that.

Interesting that you seem to know so much about how, where and why he
obtained those wheels.