Distracted Drivers killed 6,000 in US last year

Old September 30th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Distracted Drivers killed 6,000 in US last year

Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200909...racted_driving

Old September 30th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Sep 30, 5:43*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200909...racted_driving

Well, it's illegal to use a mobile in the countries I know well in
Europe, but you still see it all the time. I was in a taxi in Germany
a few weeks back and the driver was using his mobile virtually the
whole trip...

UD
Old September 30th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200909...racted_driving

http://arkansasnews.com/2009/09/29/o...ll-phone-laws/

$100 fine, big whoop. If they were serious, it would be $1000

Kidd said the state’s texting ban will be “one more tool” for law
officers to use, though he expects the law to be effective mainly as a
deterrent.

“I truly believe that the majority of folks will not text simply because
it’s against the law,” he said.

There has been hardly any publicity about the law. Ain't gonna change a
thing.
Old September 30th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

z wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200909...racted_driving

http://arkansasnews.com/2009/09/29/o...ll-phone-laws/

$100 fine, big whoop. If they were serious, it would be $1000

Kidd said the state’s texting ban will be “one more tool” for law
officers to use, though he expects the law to be effective mainly as a
deterrent.

“I truly believe that the majority of folks will not text simply because
it’s against the law,” he said.

There has been hardly any publicity about the law. Ain't gonna change a
thing.

Not only $1000, but into an insurance fund to pay victims.
Old September 30th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Oct 1, 5:43*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200909...racted_driving

that's the Land of the Free for you, right to bear arms and drive with
a mobile phone

we're about to outlaw them (mostly) in NZL. Exceptions are the police
(!?) and if it's dash-mounted; the govt flip flopped with GPS enabled
phones being used for navigation.
Old October 1st 09, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Sep 30, 4:28*pm, Henry wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:43*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200909...racted_driving

that's the Land of the Free for you, right to bear arms and drive with
a mobile phone

we're about to outlaw them (mostly) in NZL. Exceptions are the police
(!?) and if it's dash-mounted; the govt flip flopped with GPS enabled
phones being used for navigation.

I just spent 3 weeks in europe and people relayed to me that it is a
250 e fine for texting or cell phone use without handsfree. (stupid
they don't realize it's the brain being occupied and not the hands
that is the problem)

Some dutch told me that it will soon be a 250 e fine for programming a
gps on the fly also.
Old October 1st 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Oct 1, 2:58*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Sep 30, 4:28*pm, Henry wrote:

On Oct 1, 5:43*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200909...racted_driving

that's the Land of the Free for you, right to bear arms and drive with
a mobile phone

we're about to outlaw them (mostly) in NZL. Exceptions are the police
(!?) and if it's dash-mounted; the govt flip flopped with GPS enabled
phones being used for navigation.

I just spent 3 weeks in europe and people relayed to me that it is a
250 e fine for texting or cell phone use without handsfree. * *(stupid
they don't realize it's the brain being occupied and not the hands
that is the problem)

Some dutch told me that it will soon be a 250 e fine for programming a
gps on the fly also.

say article a few years ago after we shifted back here from the UK,
the cops were attracting attention for busting people whilst eating,
smoking, drinking, fiddling with the radio whilst driving. I thought
it was a bit outrageous, but I'm not so sure now
Old October 1st 09, 08:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.
Old October 1st 09, 10:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

http://arkansasnews.com/2009/09/29/o...enforce-new-te...

$100 fine, big whoop. If they were serious, it would be $1000

Kidd said the state’s texting ban will be “one more tool” for law
officers to use, though he expects the law to be effective mainly as a
deterrent.

“I truly believe that the majority of folks will not text simply because
it’s against the law,” he said.

There has been hardly any publicity about the law. Ain't gonna change a
thing.

Not only $1000, but into an insurance fund to pay victims.

Police io America carry guns don't they? Just shoot them. Easy.
Even better, fit every new car with CCTV and an explosive device.
Problem solved.

UD
Old October 1st 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Uncle Dave wrote:

http://www.phonejammer.com/product.p...0&bestseller=Y