"No confidence" vote at Silence Lotto?

Old October 2nd 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default "No confidence" vote at Silence Lotto?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/step...in-aussie-team

Not sure how you can see this any other way. As DS Stephens pointed out,
there were a bunch of different scenarios that could play out, so there
wasn't a need to create a single protected rider. And yet the team
apparently took a vote to support one, which to me reads more as a vote
of no-confidence in Evans.

Like most here, I'm no fan of Cadel's style of racing, although I'll
truthfully admit that if he had a different, less-whiny-sounding voice,
I'd have cut him a lot more slack. And I'll also admit that, after
watching the World's finale, I'm going to cut him a lot more slack in
the future. But that's typical RBR back-seat driving. It's just plain
wrong for a rider of Evan's caliber to have to beconcerned about a team
that doesn't support him. If Stephens knew that vote was coming down and
didn't stop it, shame on him.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 2nd 09, 09:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/step...ed-in-aussie-t
[...]

Wow.

Just...wow.

Old October 2nd 09, 10:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/step...in-aussie-team

Not sure how you can see this any other way. As DS Stephens pointed out,
there were a bunch of different scenarios that could play out, so there
wasn't a need to create a single protected rider. And yet the team
apparently took a vote to support one, which to me reads more as a vote
of no-confidence in Evans.

Apparently? Do you believe Stephens or not? Because I think you read the
article ("Stephens pointed out") but therein he "firmly denies" that the
vote took place.

I don't know what to think: yes, Stephens denies and the original story
was completely unsourced but on the other hand it's believable and just
to good not be true.
Old October 2nd 09, 11:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Susan Walker wrote:
to good not be true.

to good not to be true.
Old October 2nd 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:54:30 +0200, Susan Walker
wrote:

Susan Walker wrote:
to good not be true.

to good not to be true.

_too_ good not to be true.

....as long as we're editing. (",)

Old October 2nd 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Nobody wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:54:30 +0200, Susan Walker wrote:
to good not to be true.

_too_ good not to be true.

...as long as we're editing. (",)

Jesus ****ing christ.
Thanks.
Old October 2nd 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Oct 2, 11:11*am, Susan Walker wrote:
Nobody wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:54:30 +0200, Susan Walker wrote:
to good not to be true.

_too_ good not to be true.

...as long as we're editing. (",)

Jesus ****ing christ.
Thanks.

Christ should be capitalized - and possibly ****ing, if that is indeed
his middle name.
If it's a nickname it should still be capitalized and in quotes.
Jesus "****ing" Christ

Hope this helps.

Old October 2nd 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Susan Walker" wrote in message
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/step...in-aussie-team

Not sure how you can see this any other way. As DS Stephens pointed
out, there were a bunch of different scenarios that could play out,
so there wasn't a need to create a single protected rider. And yet
the team apparently took a vote to support one, which to me reads
more as a vote of no-confidence in Evans.

Apparently? Do you believe Stephens or not? Because I think you read
the article ("Stephens pointed out") but therein he "firmly denies"
that the vote took place.

I don't know what to think: yes, Stephens denies and the original
story was completely unsourced but on the other hand it's believable
and just to good not be true.

If it's not true then it's the shoddiest "journalism" yet on the part of
Cyclingnews. Riders talk, riders tweet, and there are eight of them who
know the story (besides Evans) and it only takes one of them to either
make an arse out of himself by spinning a yarn... a yarn that shouldn't
be that tough to run down.

The story, until corroborated, would be that a source would want to
suggest something as demeaning as that (because that's that it really
is... pretty darned humiliating and demeaning to a top-caliber rider)
without offering proof. You'd then interview the various riders involved
and get their quotes as well. You don't just hang something like that
out there in the wind. Unless you know that it *is* true but you want to
cut some slack and let the team create a bit of wiggle room to minimize
the situation, pretend that something minor was misinterpreted.

Old October 2nd 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Susan Walker" wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/step...in-aussie-team

Not sure how you can see this any other way. As DS Stephens pointed
out, there were a bunch of different scenarios that could play out,
so there wasn't a need to create a single protected rider. And yet
the team apparently took a vote to support one, which to me reads
more as a vote of no-confidence in Evans.

Apparently? Do you believe Stephens or not? Because I think you read
the article ("Stephens pointed out") but therein he "firmly denies"
that the vote took place.

I don't know what to think: yes, Stephens denies and the original
story was completely unsourced but on the other hand it's believable
and just [too good not to be] true.

If it's not true then it's the shoddiest "journalism" yet on the part of
Cyclingnews.

Huh? It was nieuwsblad.be that brought the 8-1 vote story (without
giving a source), not Cyclingnews. CN talked to Stephens, who said the
Nieuwsblad story wasn't true.
Old October 2nd 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

[...]

It is a funny old world. That vote of no confidence
could have put the fire in Evans that took him to victory.

--
Michael Press

Silence-Lotto Andre Racing 0 May 25th 09 02:19 PM
McEwen leaves Silence-Lotto samson[_3_] Racing 11 July 30th 08 07:48 AM
"Stop for Pedestrians" alive in VA Senate, lost House by 1 vote Matt O'Toole General 32 February 15th 08 07:57 PM
"John "Cho" Gilmer keeps publishing his "Manifesto" over and over." Hoodini Racing 0 April 23rd 07 12:38 AM
"Code of Silence" comments are retarded SLAVE of THE STATE Racing 0 September 14th 06 10:24 PM