Yesterday's 'Bikes Alive' action against TfL was a success.

Old January 10th 12, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Yesterday's 'Bikes Alive' action against TfL was a success.

An estimated 100 cyclists, people on foot and the disabled. Better
than I expected in Winter. Maybe they should be called 'Bikes Alive -
Cars Dead' instead?

"'bikes alive' is a new direct action campaigning group to counter the
lethargy of transport for london, and its prioritising of london
traffic flow over the safety of pedestrians and cyclists. tonight saw
the first of a series of direct action traffic calming gatherings at
king's cross designed to pressure TfL into more urgent action over the
deadly junction..."

More with pics:
http://london.indymedia.org/articles/11427

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Old January 10th 12, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jan 10, 7:00*am, Doug wrote:
An estimated 100 cyclists, people on foot and the disabled. Better
than I expected in Winter. Maybe they should be called 'Bikes Alive -
Cars Dead' instead?

"'bikes alive' is a new direct action campaigning group to counter the
lethargy of transport for london, and its prioritising of london
traffic flow over the safety of pedestrians and cyclists. tonight saw
the first of a series of direct action traffic calming gatherings at
king's cross designed to pressure TfL into more urgent action over the
deadly junction..."

More with pics:http://london.indymedia.org/articles/11427

It even got a mention on the BBC traffic reports yesterday evening.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 10th 12, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_4_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Jan 10, 7:00 am, Doug wrote:
An estimated 100 cyclists, people on foot and the disabled. Better
than I expected in Winter. Maybe they should be called 'Bikes Alive -
Cars Dead' instead?

"'bikes alive' is a new direct action campaigning group to counter the
lethargy of transport for london, and its prioritising of london
traffic flow over the safety of pedestrians and cyclists. tonight saw
the first of a series of direct action traffic calming gatherings at
king's cross designed to pressure TfL into more urgent action over the
deadly junction..."

More with pics:http://london.indymedia.org/articles/11427

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Looks to have been a very good turnout.

100 people? Including Doug? A "very good turnout"?

There are 7 million people living in London.

Old January 10th 12, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 04:59:38 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

Looks to have been a very good turnout.

"it was a shame to see how few people turned up ( I would estimate
about 60 at the peak)"

"...our point would be made stronger by more disruption.."

Old January 10th 12, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 10/01/2012 07:00, Doug wrote:
An estimated 100 cyclists, people on foot and the disabled. Better
than I expected in Winter. Maybe they should be called 'Bikes Alive -
Cars Dead' instead?

"'bikes alive' is a new direct action campaigning group to counter the
lethargy of transport for london, and its prioritising of london
traffic flow over the safety of pedestrians and cyclists. tonight saw
the first of a series of direct action traffic calming gatherings at
king's cross designed to pressure TfL into more urgent action over the
deadly junction..."

More with pics:
http://london.indymedia.org/articles/11427

-- .
A driving licence is not a licence to kill, never has been.

Thank you for your input, Doug-Weapon.
Old January 11th 12, 02:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jan 10, 7:00*am, Doug wrote:
An estimated 100 cyclists, people on foot and the disabled. Better
than I expected in Winter. Maybe they should be called 'Bikes Alive -
Cars Dead' instead?

"'bikes alive' is a new direct action campaigning group to counter the
lethargy of transport for london, and its prioritising of london
traffic flow over the safety of pedestrians and cyclists. tonight saw
the first of a series of direct action traffic calming gatherings at
king's cross designed to pressure TfL into more urgent action over the
deadly junction..."

More with pics:http://london.indymedia.org/articles/11427

I think that Tom was amongst one of the attendees.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 11th 12, 05:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:00:39 -0800, Doug wrote:

-- .
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

No it issn't

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old January 11th 12, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

wrote:

Looks to have been a very good turnout.

"it was a shame to see how few people turned up ( I would estimate
about 60 at the peak)"

"...our point would be made stronger by more disruption.."

See the video at...

http://london.indymedia.org/videos/11430

It should be possible to count them, apart from a few stragglers.

Its no surprise that the motorists who infest this cycling newsgroup
should criticise what was actually a very successful protest. The guy
in a wheelchair made his contribution as did several people on foot.
Its not just cyclists who care about the way they are being treated by
TfL and drivers.

Doug

Old January 11th 12, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jan 11, 7:32*am, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:55:43 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason

wrote:
On Jan 10, 7:00 am, Doug wrote:
An estimated 100 cyclists, people on foot and the disabled. Better
than I expected in Winter. Maybe they should be called 'Bikes Alive -
Cars Dead' instead?

"'bikes alive' is a new direct action campaigning group to counter the
lethargy of transport for london, and its prioritising of london
traffic flow over the safety of pedestrians and cyclists. tonight saw
the first of a series of direct action traffic calming gatherings at
king's cross designed to pressure TfL into more urgent action over the
deadly junction..."

More with pics:http://london.indymedia.org/articles/11427

I think that Tom was amongst one of the attendees.

I didn't go.- Hide quoted text -

Shame on you, Sir. :-)

--
Simon Mason