Mysterious parts with Ultegra dual control levers

Old August 9th 04, 11:45 PM
Bob Wheeler

Default Mysterious parts with Ultegra dual control levers

I'm installing Ultegra dual control levers on an old bike. There are two
parts in the small parts bag whose function is not obvious, and I have
failed to find anything in the instructions about them.

One appears to be an aluminum cable stop, something like this. The small
barrel has two circumferential indentations.

-----------
------
------
-----------

The second is an aluminum cup washer which looks like it was made to
guard the edge of a hole in a part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Wheeler --- http://www.bobwheeler.com/
ECHIP, Inc. ---
Randomness comes in bunches.

Old August 10th 04, 05:51 AM
Jeff Starr

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:45:04 -0400, Bob Wheeler
wrote:

I'm installing Ultegra dual control levers on an old bike. There are two
parts in the small parts bag whose function is not obvious, and I have
failed to find anything in the instructions about them.

One appears to be an aluminum cable stop, something like this. The small
barrel has two circumferential indentations.

-----------
------
------
-----------

The second is an aluminum cup washer which looks like it was made to
guard the edge of a hole in a part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Wheeler --- http://www.bobwheeler.com/
ECHIP, Inc. ---
Randomness comes in bunches.

Hi, I think the first is an unnecessary cable splicing coupler, but I
could be wrong.
The second is meant to be used with the under bottom bracket cable
guide.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old August 10th 04, 11:51 AM
Bill

The first is a cable ferrule to be used on bikes requiring one on the
brazeon on the chaninstay in front of the derailleur.

Old August 10th 04, 02:31 PM
Tom Young

Bob Wheeler wrote in message ...
I'm installing Ultegra dual control levers on an old bike. There are two
parts in the small parts bag whose function is not obvious, and I have
failed to find anything in the instructions about them.

One appears to be an aluminum cable stop, something like this. The small
barrel has two circumferential indentations.

-----------
------
------
-----------

The second is an aluminum cup washer which looks like it was made to
guard the edge of a hole in a part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Wheeler --- http://www.bobwheeler.com/
ECHIP, Inc. ---