1951 cycle tour report, Rhine & Mosel rivers

Old November 28th 04, 02:37 AM
Ken Brown

Default 1951 cycle tour report, Rhine & Mosel rivers

A few months ago I received an e-mail from a lady in Britain who had
seen the photos of my cycle trip along the Rhine and Mosel rivers. She
said she had taken a similar cycle trip in 1951 and she could send me
her report. It was a handwritten letter to her mother so she said she
would type it and mail it to me. When it arrived I was surprised to
find that she had pasted photocopies of photos on the back of pages.
Her writing is wonderful!

The report is an excellent account of conditions in post-war Germany.
While it was particularly interesting to me because of the common
places that we visited, I think anyone would find the report
interesting.

It took me some work but I scanned it, converted the text to digital,
and created a pdf that retains much of the character of the original.
If anyone wants a copy, please e-mail me at . It is
152 KB and free.

Ken
Ken Brown, Toronto Canada
Ontario Rail Trails: