One thing about riding a 'bent

Old February 26th 08, 09:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default One thing about riding a 'bent

Something I note about riding a recumbent.

In a hailstorm, your shins cop a battering!

Zebee
Old February 27th 08, 08:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
zog

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Something I note about riding a recumbent.

In a hailstorm, your shins cop a battering!

Zebee

instead of your back

sounds like you need some shin guards.
Old March 22nd 08, 11:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_2_]

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message ...
Something I note about riding a recumbent.

In a hailstorm, your shins cop a battering!

Zebee

OK, I've now ridden a bent trike. Shins in hailstorms don't worry me much. I like the trike.

Now, to get the family on side...

T.
Old March 25th 08, 09:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:18:05 +1100
Tomasso wrote:

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message ...
Something I note about riding a recumbent.

In a hailstorm, your shins cop a battering!

Zebee

OK, I've now ridden a bent trike. Shins in hailstorms don't worry me much. I like the trike.

Now, to get the family on side...

Tell 'em it is really hard to fall off a trike....

Zebee
Old March 25th 08, 11:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Tell 'em it is really hard to fall off a trike....

Not really.

Nearly did it twice coming into work, where there are tight S-Bends coming
into the driveway. Since it was downhill and I like going fast, I had it on
two wheels around both corners.

Scared the cr** out of me.

I've since learned my lesson, and now do it intentionally. :-)
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org
Old March 26th 08, 08:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_2_]

Tomasso wrote:

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message ...
Something I note about riding a recumbent.

In a hailstorm, your shins cop a battering!

Zebee

OK, I've now ridden a bent trike. Shins in hailstorms don't worry me much. I like the trike.

Now, to get the family on side...

Tell 'em it is really hard to fall off a trike....

On a seriously off camber bit of uphill I felt a bit uneasy. Do you know what the roll angle would be? The CoG is pretty low, but
add a bit of g force for cornering and a bit of off camber and there might be a spill.

T.