Coker on a pole!

Old November 29th 04, 06:02 AM
HardcoreCokerRider

Default Coker on a pole!

OK, well it's not actually a Coker... but the gear ratio makes the
(equivalent) wheel size closer to that of a Coker than anything else...
and it is on top of a pole!

So I flipped the wheel around on my geared giraffe Saturday night to
give it the (higher) gear ratio, which makes it equivalent to a 37.5"
wheel... and then finally took it for a spin for the first time late
Sunday night. It's definitely quite weird to ride! With the wheel
wanting to shoot out from under you and being up high on that pole, it
does take some getting used to. Freemounting was also a bit tricky, but
not as bad as I had anticipated. I guess having got somewhat used to
freemounting it with the 31" equivalent wheel size, the jump up to 37.5"
wasn't too bad. My latest thing is learning to pirouette... on both the
Coker and the geared giraffe. The gearing on the giraffe will make this
thing do one mean pirouette once I get enough practice! I'll try and get
some video of my attempts online... once I get decent at it. The geared
giraffe is definitely one interesting ride, though!

--
HardcoreCokerRider
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Old August 23rd 05, 08:07 PM
unick 8133

that's REALLY geared up. i was just gonna make mine equivilent to like
26" if i built one. but very cool. i would love to see you try to
freemount

--
unick 8133
unick 8133's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10398

Old August 23rd 05, 09:11 PM
paul_g

any pictures of the geared uni setup??

That thing must go incredibly fast for a giraffe! What's the seat
height?

--
paul_g
paul_g's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10136

Old August 23rd 05, 11:04 PM
harper

Good work, Andrew. Sorry I've been so slow getting to the geared Coker.
It will happen eventually.

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"You guys aren't thinking this through. Hey, where's your other... BANG.
" - Brian MacKenzie

Old August 23rd 05, 11:20 PM
hell-on-wheel

That post was from last November. Where's HCR been?

--
hell-on-wheel - 24" Rolling Trials World Champion!

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

Old August 24th 05, 02:41 AM
One on one

hell-on-wheel wrote:
*That post was from last November. Where's HCR been? *

I got and e-mail from him near the end of July. He's been working
towards his helicopter license and working a lot. Busy, but doing well.

--
One on one - Proud member of the UALW and GUA

"However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
he/she could black out."
-Memphis Mud

I went further than I had planned and had a testicle break at about 25
ks
-onebyone

One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740