To cycle is to live dangerously...[

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 1st 17, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default To cycle is to live dangerously...[

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 5:13:53 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/31/2017 6:11 PM, wrote:

Yeah, some of these other engineers also didn't have degrees. So what? It was MY judgement and not that of a headhunter or a HR person to make that decision.

I'm surprised that a section manager would have no input as to
qualifications of people applying for jobs he would supervise.

Well, isn't that hoity-toity. This is more of a problem today than it was then. Human Resources are destroying businesses and there seems to be no end in sight.

I just got an email two days ago from some head-hunter saying that he had a job he wanted to discuss with me and when could he call. I gave him 3 pm yesterday.

No call, then another email telling me that the hiring manager wanted to know what salary range I would be asking.

????? I had NO idea what the job was and they're asking me what salary range I would accept? THIS is today's head-hunters and human resources.

So if you want to know what is wrong with the businesses in the USA today - it's BA's that think that you build a business on administration and not competent personnel.

There's that formal education that YOU believe to be so important.