Armstrong's NYC marathon time?

Old October 20th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BJC

Default Armstrong's NYC marathon time?

I'm guessing he's going to have a 1st wave spot, so getting caught
within the masses won't be a problem. I'm going to say 2:35.

--
BJC

Old October 20th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

CowPunk wrote:
BJC wrote:
I'm guessing he's going to have a 1st wave spot, so getting caught
within the masses won't be a problem. I'm going to say 2:35.

--
BJC

2:35? no way
2:55

Four weeks ago, Armstrong was running around 6 1/2-minute miles in
training. That's likely to be his race pace. 2:35 is not out of the
question, but 2:55 is about 10 minutes too slow a guess. I think he'll
finish under 2:40; the question is by how much,

Old October 20th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I will be impressed if he does it under 3 hours.I read in the Austin
paper the other day that he had not done a run over 14-16 miles while
training.If this is indeed the case he will most likely hit the famous
wall about mile 20-22.In my experiance the first marathon is always by
far the toughest.

Old October 20th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

BJC wrote:
I'm guessing he's going to have a 1st wave spot, so getting caught
within the masses won't be a problem. I'm going to say 2:35.

who cares?
Old October 20th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Rik Van Diesel

On Oct 19, 6:32 pm, "CowPunk" wrote:
BJC wrote:
I'm guessing he's going to have a 1st wave spot, so getting caught
within the masses won't be a problem. I'm going to say 2:35.

--
BJC2:35? no way

2:55

Jaja his 1st marathon ever 2:55..Lance knows that and will beat it.
2:44 is my guess.

Call it the Jaja line....

RVD

Old October 20th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dwayne

BJC wrote:
I'm guessing he's going to have a 1st wave spot, so getting caught
within the masses won't be a problem. I'm going to say 2:35.

--
BJC2:35? no way

2:55

Jaja his 1st marathon ever 2:55..Lance knows that and will beat it.
2:44 is my guess.

Call it the Jaja line....

Jaja's 2:55 seems like a reasonable goal. But a German ex-pro cyclist
(sorry, can't recall the name right now) ran a 2:42 marathon debut
earlier this year. If LANCE is really compulsive, that'd be the line.

Old October 20th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dwayne

Dwayne wrote:
But a German ex-pro cyclist
(sorry, can't recall the name right now) ran a 2:42 marathon debut
earlier this year. If LANCE is really compulsive, that'd be the line.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...pr06/apr24news

Rolf Aldag, 2:42:57.