Kona Unit - Where's the best deal ?

Old November 13th 06, 08:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Kona Unit - Where's the best deal ?

I've been searching the web for the last week trying to find an Aussie bike
shop online that has a Kona Unit or other brand of SS MTB. I'm totally
surprised how hard it is to find anything within Oz.

Does anyone out here in the ether know of a good bargain in Australia ? I
was thinking a 2006 or older model to save some $$$. Second-hand isn't out
of the question either.

--

Tony
--

Remove the .fish after .com to reply
--= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

Old November 14th 06, 12:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy

I've got a 17" Giant XTC two2one SS I've been meaning to sell for a
while (just don't have the time to ride it). It's set up with V brakes
and mostly near new parts. Send me an email if you are interested (sg at
aanetDOTcomDOTau).

--
SomeGuy

Old November 14th 06, 04:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Darryl C

In article ,
"\(\(\(\(º" wrote:

I've been searching the web for the last week trying to find an Aussie bike
shop online that has a Kona Unit or other brand of SS MTB. I'm totally
surprised how hard it is to find anything within Oz.

Does anyone out here in the ether know of a good bargain in Australia ? I
was thinking a 2006 or older model to save some $$$. Second-hand isn't out
of the question either.

--

Tony

Tony,

Have a word with City Bike Depot if you are in Sydney. They have a large
range of Kona bikes (not the Unit) and are particularly helpful people.
(BTW, I have no financial interest in the shop)
They have, or will get:
* Dew
* Dr Dew
* Dew Deluxe
* PHD
* Smoke
* Shred
* Scrap
* Stuff
* Dawg
* Dawg Deluxe
* Dawg Primo
* Coil Air
* Stinky
* Stinky Deluxe
* Stab Deluxe
* Coiler
* Coiler Deluxe
* Fire Mountain
* Blast
* Cinder Cone
* Caldera
* Kula
* Kikapu Nine
* Kikapu Deluxe
* King Kikapu

http://www.citybikedepot.com.au/products/mtb/kona/

305 Kent St, Sydney 2000
Phone: 02 9279 2202
Fax: 02 9729 2208

cheers,
Darryl
Old November 14th 06, 09:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
snozza

I've been searching the web for the last week trying to find an Aussie

bike
shop online that has a Kona Unit or other brand of SS MTB. I'm

totally
surprised how hard it is to find anything within Oz.

Does anyone out here in the ether know of a good bargain in Australia

? I
was thinking a 2006 or older model to save some $$$. Second-hand

isn't out
of the question either.

--

Tony
[/color]

Brunswick Street Cycles are big Kona dealers.
http://www.bscbikes.com.au

--
snozza

Old November 14th 06, 10:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave Hughes

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:08:43 +0000, Darryl C wrote:

Have a word with City Bike Depot if you are in Sydney. T

Or you can ignore the Konas [1] and speak to the owner, who was one of the
first to solo a 24 hour on a SS, and has had more SS bikes than most
people have had flats.

[1] Did I just say that? I have 4 in my fleet!

--
Dave Hughes |
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of
Old November 14th 06, 10:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Parbs

Dave Hughes wrote:

who was one of the first to solo a 24 hour on a SS, and has had more SS bikes than most
people have had flats.

Yes but he did take the soft option on Sunday and took his SRAMed up
"Grip the Snake" (which is also a Kona)

Parbs
Old November 14th 06, 11:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

"Dave Hughes" wrote in message
u...
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:08:43 +0000, Darryl C wrote:

Have a word with City Bike Depot if you are in Sydney. T

Or you can ignore the Konas [1] and speak to the owner, who was one of the
first to solo a 24 hour on a SS, and has had more SS bikes than most
people have had flats.

Dunno Dave......I have had a lot of flats (including 5 in a single lap at
the Scott a few weeks ago)

Gags

Old November 14th 06, 10:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave Hughes

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:33:03 +1100, Gags wrote:

Dunno Dave......I have had a lot of flats (including 5 in a single lap
at the Scott a few weeks ago)

I don't know about 5 in a single lap, but he was taking the 27 gears (or
thereabouts - Parbs, can you remember just how many he had?) approach to
SSing when he soloed IIRC. Apparently his shifting consisted of Andy
"want that wun" /Andy

--
Dave Hughes |
"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does