Almost Surreal...

Old July 16th 12, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

Default Almost Surreal...

.... watching the Tour this year. Obligatory peloton through sunflower
shot just now sigh

I always get a rather sad feeling when the Tour ends because it means
Summer will soon be over. I'm sitting in my home office with the Tour
streaming to my iPad. Looking out of the window I see it's raining.
Apart from the odd day when the sun has shone, it's been that way for
months now in the UK. Literally. Summer has yet to arrive so I wonder
whether I'll be sad when the Tour ends or whether it might herald the
onset of summer? The Olympics won't be much fun if it doesn't.

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting
everything, everywhere.

UD
Old July 16th 12, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 16/07/2012 14:19, Uncle Dave wrote:
... watching the Tour this year. Obligatory peloton through sunflower shot just
now sigh

I always get a rather sad feeling when the Tour ends because it means Summer
will soon be over. I'm sitting in my home office with the Tour streaming to my
iPad. Looking out of the window I see it's raining.

I don't think I've had more than three or four rides in the last two months
where it stayed dry the whole time.

Apart from the odd day when
the sun has shone, it's been that way for months now in the UK. Literally.
Summer has yet to arrive so I wonder whether I'll be sad when the Tour ends or
whether it might herald the onset of summer? The Olympics won't be much fun if
it doesn't.

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting everything,
everywhere.

Umm, the Olympics are about to happen in the most polluted Western European
city, the EU have threatened to start imposing fines if the UK government
doesn't shape up. Not that I'm against blaming the Yanks in principal, or in
fact Anton in particular since he's bound to be involved.

Old July 16th 12, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 16/07/2012 14:26, atriage wrote:

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting
everything,
everywhere.

Umm, the Olympics are about to happen in the most polluted Western
European city, the EU have threatened to start imposing fines if the UK
government doesn't shape up. Not that I'm against blaming the Yanks in
principal, or in fact Anton in particular since he's bound to be involved.

Define "Western Europe". Depending on where you draw the line, there
aren't that many big cities in Western Europe are there? Anyway,
everybody knows pollution is all down to the yanks. And the Chinese.
India's not helping and the Russians well, don't start me off...

UD

Old July 16th 12, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 16/07/2012 14:32, Uncle Dave wrote:
On 16/07/2012 14:26, atriage wrote:

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting
everything,
everywhere.

Umm, the Olympics are about to happen in the most polluted Western
European city, the EU have threatened to start imposing fines if the UK
government doesn't shape up. Not that I'm against blaming the Yanks in
principal, or in fact Anton in particular since he's bound to be involved.

Define "Western Europe". Depending on where you draw the line, there aren't that
many big cities in Western Europe are there? Anyway, everybody knows pollution
is all down to the yanks. And the Chinese. India's not helping and the Russians
well, don't start me off...

More surreal I've just seen the ITV4 advert for the new Cycle Show series on
Mondays. It'll probably be rubbish but the fact that a weekly cycling program
will exist is a start. Things are looking up.

Old July 16th 12, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 16, 9:19*am, Uncle Dave wrote:

... watching the Tour this year. *Obligatory peloton through sunflower
shot just now sigh

I always get a rather sad feeling when the Tour ends because it means
Summer will soon be over. *I'm sitting in my home office with the Tour
streaming to my iPad. *Looking out of the window I see it's raining.
Apart from the odd day when the sun has shone, it's been that way for
months now in the UK. *Literally. Summer has yet to arrive so I wonder
whether I'll be sad when the Tour ends or whether it might herald the
onset of summer? *The Olympics won't be much fun if it doesn't.

A lot of places are having more than their share of Summer. You're
bitching because it's gray and there are people croaking from the heat
and godawful thunderstorms. Count your blessings, you silly ****!

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting
everything, everywhere.

Blame is a two-edged sword, and as usual, there's always enough to go
around.
http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-lif...by_country.jsp

I think it's fookin' hilarious that you can't see the pollution for
the smog in front of your face, but at least you are trying to help
focus attention on pollution. Now be a dear and get a better handle
on things. Thanks.

Old July 16th 12, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting
everything, everywhere.

Charming.

--
Old Fritz
Old July 16th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 16/07/2012 15:27, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 16, 9:19 am, Uncle Dave wrote:

... watching the Tour this year. Obligatory peloton through sunflower
shot just now sigh

I always get a rather sad feeling when the Tour ends because it means
Summer will soon be over. I'm sitting in my home office with the Tour
streaming to my iPad. Looking out of the window I see it's raining.
Apart from the odd day when the sun has shone, it's been that way for
months now in the UK. Literally. Summer has yet to arrive so I wonder
whether I'll be sad when the Tour ends or whether it might herald the
onset of summer? The Olympics won't be much fun if it doesn't.

A lot of places are having more than their share of Summer. You're
bitching because it's gray and there are people croaking from the heat
and godawful thunderstorms. Count your blessings, you silly ****!

I'm not bitching, just observing. I quite like it being wet - it stops
people from sitting in their gardens half the night keeping me awake. I
really don't care much if it rains or shines, though I do like some snow
in winter. As for how other people die, well, they die, that's it.

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting
everything, everywhere.

Blame is a two-edged sword, and as usual, there's always enough to go
around.
http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-lif...by_country.jsp

I think it's fookin' hilarious that you can't see the pollution for
the smog in front of your face, but at least you are trying to help
focus attention on pollution. Now be a dear and get a better handle
on things. Thanks.

Is there a joke shop near you? See if you can buy a sense of humour...

Sheesh!

UD

Old July 16th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 16/07/2012 19:45, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:

I blame the bloody yanks and their pre-occupation with polluting
everything, everywhere.

Charming.

Dey do dough, don't dey dough?

UD

Old July 16th 12, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 16/07/2012 23:10, Uncle Dave wrote:

I'm not bitching, just observing. I quite like it being wet...

****, I thought you were a cyclist..
thinks You live near a covered velodrome!!

Old July 16th 12, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

We just bought a Prius C and the god damn thing gets 60 MPG in the
city. It's 2nd best to riding a bike so my karma is pretty clean
now. Well, it would be except we use the ultra silent EV mode to
sneak up on cyclists and blind people and scare the living crap out of
them. You should see the look on their faces.

Palin Surreal.... Ron Ruff Techniques 268 October 6th 08 05:40 PM
Palin Surreal.... Ron Ruff Techniques 2 September 29th 08 06:42 PM
Palin Surreal.... [email protected][_2_] Techniques 7 September 28th 08 04:16 PM
surreal event of the day lowkey General 28 October 2nd 05 08:14 PM
Surreal event of the day. lowkey General 9 September 5th 05 03:40 PM