Year after year ...

Old July 19th 12, 06:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

Default Year after year ...

Year after year the TdF is boring.
I know this because I am told so,
and I believe everything I am told.

This year, however, we have a chance
to see history made. We could see the
winner of the final stage get awarded
the Lanterne Rouge. How cool is that?

--
Old Fritz
Old July 19th 12, 01:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Frederick the Great a écrit profondement:

| Year after year the TdF is boring.
| I know this because I am told so,
| and I believe everything I am told.

| This year, however, we have a chance
| to see history made. We could see the
| winner of the final stage get awarded
| the Lanterne Rouge. How cool is that?

As the years have gone by and incresingly in the last 20 - 30 years we
have seen an enormous rise in the expectation of sponsors, especially
extra-sport sponsors, which, coupled with radios, for me at any rate,
have tended to make the race boring because of the effect they have on
the riders.

Last year, the lowly Volta a Portugal, sans the GT prima donnas, was much
more of a race.

That's Davey's two roubles worth.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English

Old July 19th 12, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:41:42 PM UTC-7, Frederick the Great wrote:
Year after year the TdF is boring.
I know this because I am told so,
and I believe everything I am told.

This year, however, we have a chance
to see history made. We could see the
winner of the final stage get awarded
the Lanterne Rouge. How cool is that?

--
Old Fritz

He's the 7th best sprinter at best.. It will never happen.
Old July 19th 12, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:16:36 AM UTC-7, Davey Crockett wrote:
Frederick the Great a écrit profondement:

| Year after year the TdF is boring.
| I know this because I am told so,
| and I believe everything I am told.
>
| This year, however, we have a chance
| to see history made. We could see the
| winner of the final stage get awarded
| the Lanterne Rouge. How cool is that?

As the years have gone by and incresingly in the last 20 - 30 years we
have seen an enormous rise in the expectation of sponsors, especially
extra-sport sponsors, which, coupled with radios, for me at any rate,
have tended to make the race boring because of the effect they have on
the riders.

Last year, the lowly Volta a Portugal, sans the GT prima donnas, was much
more of a race.

That's Davey's two roubles worth.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
The Flag of Hengest and Horsa

Radios didn't kill the Tour.. Operacion Puerto did.
Old July 19th 12, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 19/07/2012 06:41, Frederick the Great wrote:
Year after year the TdF is boring.
I know this because I am told so,
and I believe everything I am told.

This year, however, we have a chance
to see history made. We could see the
winner of the final stage get awarded
the Lanterne Rouge. How cool is that?

Looks like Tyler might have blown it, Jan Ghyselinck's got nearly a minute and a
half on him now, he needs to practice some track stands on the Champs.

Old July 20th 12, 11:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:42:56 AM UTC-7, atriage wrote:
On 19/07/2012 17:48, wrote:
> On Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:16:36 AM UTC-7, Davey Crockett wrote:
>> Frederick the Great a écrit profondement:
>>
>> | Year after year the TdF is boring.
>> | I know this because I am told so,
>> | and I believe everything I am told.
>> >
>> | This year, however, we have a chance
>> | to see history made. We could see the
>> | winner of the final stage get awarded
>> | the Lanterne Rouge. How cool is that?
>>
>> As the years have gone by and incresingly in the last 20 - 30 years we
>> have seen an enormous rise in the expectation of sponsors, especially
>> extra-sport sponsors, which, coupled with radios, for me at any rate,
>> have tended to make the race boring because of the effect they have on
>> the riders.
>>
>> Last year, the lowly Volta a Portugal, sans the GT prima donnas, was much
>> more of a race.
>>
>> That's Davey's two roubles worth.
>>
>> --
>> Davey Crockett
>> Flying the Flag of the English
>> The Flag of Hengest and Horsa
>
> Radios didn't kill the Tour.. Operacion Puerto did.

Nothing killed the TdF, it's alive and well and attracting huge interest and
audiences. [1]
1. Except in moralistic Germany but who givesa**** about them.

--

A lot of people go to funerals.

75 miles on a 75 year old bike by a 75 year old Simon Mason[_4_] UK 1 September 5th 11 12:08 PM
Magilla, Why does Armstrong get a pass every year? Why does thepeloton get a pass this year? Lanterne Rouge Racing 5 July 27th 09 03:30 PM
Let your 7 year-old elmsater Rides 0 April 10th 06 05:28 AM
10 YEAR OLD TRUCK, 2 YEAR OLD BICYCLE TomCAt General 33 September 7th 05 05:02 AM
RR another year.... small change Mountain Biking 10 October 15th 04 04:14 PM