Armstrong's Big Announcement

Old March 30th 05, 01:51 PM
trg

Default Armstrong's Big Announcement

Armstrong will make an announcement on April 18th. According to the article
in today's L'Equipe he said,

"The only thing today that I'm 100% sure of is that I'll be at the start of
this year's tour, barring accident, of course. I assure you, I'll be there..
and it will perhaps be the last one. ... At any rate, you'll know more in
two weeks. If I were you, I'd come to the Tour of Georgia. I will talk to
the press and I plan make an important announcement there.

Old March 30th 05, 01:54 PM
crit PRO

trg wrote:
Armstrong will make an announcement on April 18th. According to the

article
in today's L'Equipe he said,

"The only thing today that I'm 100% sure of is that I'll be at the

start of
this year's tour, barring accident, of course. I assure you, I'll be

there..
and it will perhaps be the last one. ... At any rate, you'll know

more in
two weeks. If I were you, I'd come to the Tour of Georgia. I will

talk to
the press and I plan make an important announcement there.

$3 to the first one in RBR who gets it.

crit PRO

Old March 30th 05, 01:58 PM
B. Lafferty

"crit PRO" wrote in message
oups.com...

trg wrote:
Armstrong will make an announcement on April 18th. According to the

article
in today's L'Equipe he said,

"The only thing today that I'm 100% sure of is that I'll be at the

start of
this year's tour, barring accident, of course. I assure you, I'll be

there..
and it will perhaps be the last one. ... At any rate, you'll know

more in
two weeks. If I were you, I'd come to the Tour of Georgia. I will

talk to
the press and I plan make an important announcement there.

$3 to the first one in RBR who gets it.

crit PRO

The 2005 Tour de France will be his last race and he'll be marrying Ms. Crow
post-Tour.

Old March 30th 05, 02:20 PM
Van Hoorebeeck Bart

"B. Lafferty" schreef:

"crit PRO" wrote in message
oups.com...

trg wrote:
Armstrong will make an announcement on April 18th. According to the

article
in today's L'Equipe he said,

"The only thing today that I'm 100% sure of is that I'll be at the

start of
this year's tour, barring accident, of course. I assure you, I'll be

there..
and it will perhaps be the last one. ... At any rate, you'll know

more in
two weeks. If I were you, I'd come to the Tour of Georgia. I will

talk to
the press and I plan make an important announcement there.

$3 to the first one in RBR who gets it.

crit PRO

The 2005 Tour de France will be his last race and he'll be marrying Ms. Crow
post-Tour.

and part of the festivities is the hour record gig.

Old March 30th 05, 02:24 PM
Jet

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:51:01 +0200, "trg"
wrote:

Armstrong will make an announcement on April 18th. According to the article
in today's L'Equipe he said,

"The only thing today that I'm 100% sure of is that I'll be at the start of
this year's tour, barring accident, of course. I assure you, I'll be there..
and it will perhaps be the last one. ... At any rate, you'll know more in
two weeks. If I were you, I'd come to the Tour of Georgia. I will talk to
the press and I plan make an important announcement there.

Something like "I knew it would be time to quit when I discovered I was no
longer in the right condition to ride competitively, and that time is
approaching" Translation: "I'll be there for the start of the tour but will
drop out soon after the Prologue." Due to contractual obligations he can't
exactly 'announce' this.

jj

Old March 30th 05, 03:09 PM
B. Lafferty

"Van Hoorebeeck Bart" wrote in
message ...

"B. Lafferty" schreef:

"crit PRO" wrote in message
oups.com...

trg wrote:
[...]

Perhaps an individual pursuit against Boardman.

Old March 30th 05, 07:27 PM
Diablo Scott

As.com is predicting an announcement that he'll retire at the end of the
season. Quotes him as saying that he still races for pleasure but that
it's hard travelling so much and being away from his kids. He
definitely sounds unmotivated. No mention of Sheryl or illness or the
hour record, or superdope.

http://tinyurl.com/6ddup en castellano, por supuesto

"Las ausencias repetidas, la distancia acumulada hacen que en por
momentos tenga ganas de decir stop, de volver para estar cerca" de mis
hijos, aseguró el ciclista.

Could be a bluff.
Old March 30th 05, 08:00 PM
Lance's Left Nut

crit PRO wrote:
trg wrote:
Armstrong will make an announcement on April 18th.

$3 to the first one in RBR who gets it.

He's going to announce that he wants me back. I know Sheryl wants me
around. I miss my brother.
:LLN

PS: Selle San Marco sucks

Old March 30th 05, 09:20 PM
k.papai

2005 Tour won't figure much in his press conf. Ms. Crow though likely
will, is my guess. Or he will definitively say that in 2006, will be
his final year and he will concentrate on the Giro and/or Vuelta plus
one-day classic then, in 2006.

Who knows....

-kjp

Old March 31st 05, 12:46 AM
bikeguy11968

you are all wrong. It will be a two man speech, armstrong and
carmichael, preaching how the new breed of drug takers have developed a
more compact turd. (the compact turd being armstrongs' secret to
winning the last 6 tours. And special 5 turn pasta, which leads to a
more compact turd). Where armstrong's turd used to be the most
compact, due to his superhuman intestinal tract wrenching every last
miligram of protein and carbs (out of his specially engineered 5 turn
pasta, which leads to a 20% more compact turd that Joseba Beloki's
inferior 6 turn pasta), current turd compactness doping trends are
leaving him behind, thus his announcement to retire.

Or, it could be that he's going to start cross dressing and leading the
gay pride parade in NYC. Either way, I truly don't care.