Recumbents in NYC?

Old October 30th 09, 11:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Default Recumbents in NYC?

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Bill, nobody loves trees more than I do. I not only LOOK at them, but I
want to know all about their genera and species. In fact, I carry little
books on me which will help me to identify them. Plants are fully as
interesting to me as animals. Sometimes I think I should have gone into
botany instead of librarianship. I am just a naturalist at heart.

So that makes you a librarian tree hugger??
That is a contrast.

Hey, some of my best (and maybe only) friends are trees. You bet, I hug
them. Lest we forget, we animals are totally dependent on plant life, not
the other way around. Not to have a due respect for plant life means we do
not know where we came from nor do we know much of anything else either.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Spoken like one who has some *real* American blood, not European-Trash
settlers. My great=great-???? grandfather was the chief of the Huron
Nation. He gave his daughter to my (great-great-????-1) grandfather for
helping to fight against the English savages invading their home land.

Bill Baka
Old October 30th 09, 11:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
[...]
Ed,
I bought a house in Andover and arrived with my U-Haul and cars at 1:00
A.M. the night after the great Halloween Blizzard of 1991. I had to shovel
snow until about 3:00 A.M. just to get the truck off the street and
another 2 hours to get the cars in the other driveway. About sunup I
collapsed on the living room floor and slept while my wife and kids Got
all the small stuff out of the cars and truck.
There is snow and there is way too much snow at the wrong time.
Iowa was like an ice sculpture wonderland that night, but could there have
possibly been a worse time to pull up to a new house after a 2,000 mile
drive??

Bill Baka

Bill, stories like the above are adventures when you are young, but they are
sheer misery when you are old. It seems I have spent most of my life cursing
this g.d. Minnesota weather. I dream of tropical climates where it is always
about 85 degrees in the shade and no freaking wind at all.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

At 43 I wasn't exactly a young man then either. My sister retired to
Phoenix and is cursing the 115 degree days, dry or not. That is like
sticking your head in an oven, dry but hot anyway. San Diego has the
best overall weather I have seen in the country, but it is California
and way too many Mexicans for me.

Bill Baka
Old October 31st 09, 12:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Lewis

Bill Baka writes:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
[...]
[...]

You mean the Mexicans with real American blood you racist prick?

Old October 31st 09, 12:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

"Dan C" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:42:58 -0500, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Bill, stories like the above are adventures when you are young, but
they are sheer misery when you are old. It seems I have spent most of
my life cursing this g.d. Minnesota weather. I dream of tropical
climates where it is always about 85 degrees in the shade and no
freaking wind at all.

Well, why the **** don't you move?

Jesus.

Ever heard of Florida?

Christ Almighty!

Ever hear of 'commitments'? If not, then look up the word in a
dictionary. It means that you can't move because of obligations. I am
tied to property, but most folks are tied to family. What is the matter
with you that you can't understand this? Are you an idiot or only
pretending to be one?

"Tied to property"... Hmmmm... Yeah, I guess property can't be managed
remotely, or managed by some hired help, or....

Whatever.

Nope, the property I am sitting on would go to hell in a hand basket
overnight if I were ever to leave it to others.

Quit whining about the weather, then. Move if you don't like it.

There are any number of extremely stupid folks here in Minnesota who
actually like this confounded climate. They will even boast about our
weather! I am here to tell the world that Minnesota is the pits for weather.
I think only North Dakota has it worse in the lower 48.

Old October 31st 09, 12:58 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

"Simon Lewis" wrote in message
Bill Baka writes:

[...]
At 43 I wasn't exactly a young man then either. My sister retired to
Phoenix and is cursing the 115 degree days, dry or not. That is like
sticking your head in an oven, dry but hot anyway. San Diego has the
best overall weather I have seen in the country, but it is California
and way too many Mexicans for me.

Bill Baka

You mean the Mexicans with real American blood you racist prick?

Simon Lewis is the racist prick here, not Bill Baka. Like Bill, I prefer to
associate among my own kind. I note that is true of everyone I have ever
known in my life, most especially of Mexicans. I am damn sure that Simon
Lewis, the racist prick, also prefers to associate among his own kind. Do
not birds of a feather flock together?

Old October 31st 09, 01:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Lewis

"Edward Dolan" writes:

"Simon Lewis" wrote in message
Bill Baka writes:

[...]
At 43 I wasn't exactly a young man then either. My sister retired to
Phoenix and is cursing the 115 degree days, dry or not. That is like
sticking your head in an oven, dry but hot anyway. San Diego has the
best overall weather I have seen in the country, but it is California
and way too many Mexicans for me.

Bill Baka

You mean the Mexicans with real American blood you racist prick?

Simon Lewis is the racist prick here, not Bill Baka. Like Bill, I prefer to
associate among my own kind. I note that is true of everyone I have ever
known in my life, most especially of Mexicans. I am damn sure that Simon
Lewis, the racist prick, also prefers to associate among his own kind. Do
not birds of a feather flock together?

What the hell are you talking about?

There is associating with your own kind (things in common) and then
avoiding a place because there are too many coloured folks by your own
racist criteria.

So yes, you're a racist prick too.

Old October 31st 09, 01:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:49:51 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
[...]

HAR!!! LOL! ROFL!! Jesuz. What a ****ing galoot.

Hey Bill, in the past you have claimed your ancestors came here from
Ireland, to escape the Great Potato Famine. Doesn't that make them Euro-
Trash as you stated above? Which is it, Bill? Irish or Canadian
Indians? Make up your mind, Bill!

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 31st 09, 01:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:49:39 -0500, Edward Dolan wrote:

"Dan C" wrote in message
[...]

OK, so you're indispensable and irreplaceable. I didn't realize that.
What is it that makes you so special? What super talent do you have that
nobody else has?

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 31st 09, 01:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Simon Lewis" wrote in message
Bill Baka writes:

[...]
[...]

Simon seems to be the prick for all races on this group.
It just happens that I get sick of Mexican music at full blast all the
time and it all sounds the same to me. I can't talk to them and they
refuse to learn English so to hell with them.
Mexican 'rap' might be interesting.
Bill Baka
Old October 31st 09, 01:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Dan C wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:49:51 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

Spoken like one who has some *real* American blood, not
European-Trash settlers. My great=great-???? grandfather was the
chief of the Huron Nation. He gave his daughter to my
(great-great-????-1) grandfather for helping to fight against the
English savages invading their home land.
Bill Baka

HAR!!! LOL! ROFL!! Jesuz. What a ****ing galoot.
Hey Bill, in the past you have claimed your ancestors came here from
Ireland, to escape the Great Potato Famine. Doesn't that make them
Euro- Trash as you stated above? Which is it, Bill? Irish or
Canadian Indians? Make up your mind, Bill!

Bill Baka is a descendant of royalty. As such, please don't address direct,
insolent questions to him.

TYVM

ROTFL

Recumbents [email protected] UK 7 January 14th 08 09:33 AM
Recumbents useful? Tom Sherman[_2_] General 12 December 6th 07 07:02 PM
Recumbents, where are they? Duram Recumbent Biking 10 January 31st 07 09:02 PM
Regarding recumbents Another group member UK 8 November 20th 04 11:29 AM