Green

Old June 27th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default Green

Looks like the green will be fought for by Thor, Freire, Mcewen and
Steegmans. No Boonen or Benati to make it interesting. Things are
looking bad.

Andre
Old June 27th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Andre schreef:
Looks like the green will be fought for by Thor, Freire, Mcewen and
Steegmans. No Boonen or Benati to make it interesting. Things are
looking bad.

Freire will exit prematurely, to focus on Beijing and Worlds. Steegmans
is not less than Boonen, only in his mind he is. Hushovd, like his
Scandinavian friend Backstedt, has his best days behind him. I give the
nod to McEwen for the green.

Old June 28th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:
Andre schreef:

Looks like the green will be fought for by Thor, Freire, Mcewen and
Steegmans. No Boonen or Benati to make it interesting. Things are
looking bad.

Freire will exit prematurely, to focus on Beijing and Worlds. Steegmans
is not less than Boonen, only in his mind he is. Hushovd, like his
Scandinavian friend Backstedt, has his best days behind him. I give the
nod to McEwen for the green.

I hope you're wrong

He's right about Freire -- I love that guy's racing nonetheless. And
sadly probably right about McEwen.

I remember when Steegmans left McEwen's team and McEwen was all ****y
saying Steegmans was a coward just going to be a leadout man at
Lefevre's team for $$$ instead of staying at his side and taking over
as the Lotto sprinter when McEwen retires.

Old June 28th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

wrote:
Andre schreef:

Looks like the green will be fought for by Thor, Freire, Mcewen and
Steegmans. No Boonen or Benati to make it interesting. Things are
looking bad.

Freire will exit prematurely, to focus on Beijing and Worlds. Steegmans
is not less than Boonen, only in his mind he is. Hushovd, like his
Scandinavian friend Backstedt, has his best days behind him. I give the
nod to McEwen for the green.

I hope you're wrong

He's right about Freire -- I love that guy's racing nonetheless. And
sadly probably right about McEwen.

I remember when Steegmans left McEwen's team and McEwen was all ****y
saying Steegmans was a coward just going to be a leadout man at
Lefevre's team for $$$ instead of staying at his side and taking over
as the Lotto sprinter when McEwen retires.

McEwen is a great sprinter but his personality does him no favors. Yes, he can
back up his trashtalk (and regularly does) but I think many people would like him a
lot more if he'd just give his mouth a rest.

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old June 28th 08, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Andre" wrote in message
| Looks like the green will be fought for by Thor, Freire, Mcewen and
| Steegmans. No Boonen or Benati to make it interesting. Things are
| looking bad.
|
| Andre

McEwen. He's an opportunist extraordinaire. Others will plan; Robbie will
simply find the right wheel out of nowhere.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 28th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jun 28, 12:35 am, Howard Kveck

McEwen is a great sprinter but his personality does him no favors. Yes, he can
back up his trashtalk (and regularly does) but I think many people would like him a
lot more if he'd just give his mouth a rest.

dumbass,

mcewen's a winner, but all the jock sniffers are in love with boonen -
the david beckham of cycling, even though he's a drunk driving
cokehead who dates teenagers.

sadly i won't get to see mcewen straight arm him into the barriers.
Old June 28th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 27, 11:22*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jun 28, 12:35 am, Howard Kveck

* *McEwen is a great sprinter but his personality does him no favors. Yes, he can
back up his trashtalk (and regularly does) but I think many people would like him a
lot more if he'd just give his mouth a rest.

dumbass,

mcewen's a winner, but all the jock sniffers are in love with boonen -
the david beckham of cycling, even though he's a drunk driving
cokehead who dates teenagers.

sadly i won't get to see mcewen straight arm him into the barriers.

Dumbass,

Sprinters shouldn't be role models. Parents should
be role models. Mackie Wen isn't big enough to
straight arm Boonen, he'd beat him the old fashioned
way, by coming around.

Boonen's won enough big races to have his jock
sniffed, more than Beckham's won big tournaments.
(Although even as late as 2006, Beckham made some
pretty sick free kicks.) However, if Boonen ends his career
by moving to Toyota-United Pro Cycling and cleaning up
at Superweek, you should remind me of your analogy
and point out that I was wrong.

Ben

Old June 28th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
" wrote:

Boonen's won enough big races to have his jock
sniffed, more than Beckham's won big tournaments.
(Although even as late as 2006, Beckham made some
pretty sick free kicks.) However, if Boonen ends his career
by moving to Toyota-United Pro Cycling and cleaning up
at Superweek, you should remind me of your analogy
and point out that I was wrong.

Ben

Shurely you mean Rock Racing?

The Green Gate [email protected] Mountain Biking 0 February 14th 08 05:34 PM
Dark Green or Bright Green? Bob Dole General 34 March 26th 07 11:52 PM
Panorama: Go green or else! Mark UK 64 March 12th 07 06:20 PM
BNE: That 'Green' bridge Duracell Bunny Australia 1 January 7th 07 12:04 PM
Simple Green taywood UK 5 August 12th 04 05:31 PM