Complaining about Mass Transit

Old April 9th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Eric Vey

Default Complaining about Mass Transit

I have been to cities where a bus runs every 5 minutes in each direction
between 5 and 8 am 4 and 7 pm.

I have been in cities where a bus runs every 30 minutes in each
direction between 5 and 8 am 4 and 7 pm.

And I have been in cities where a bus runs every hour in each direction
between 5 and 8 am 4 and 7 pm.

In all three of these places, I heard complaints that the bus didn't
come often enough.
Old April 9th 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Eric Vey schrieb:
In all three of these places, I heard complaints that the bus didn't
come often enough.

My complaint about mass transit is that you don't get a real feeling for
the city, e.g. for distances and where which places are. Which you do
when going by bike. I especially noticed this when I first had a bike in
Berlin some months ago. Before, I did not even know where Kreuzberg was.