Are we justififed to hate drivers?

Old August 25th 09, 09:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Paul O

Default Are we justififed to hate drivers?

Bill Sornson wrote, On 8/24/2009 11:39 PM:
David Green wrote:

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:09:13 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
wrote:

Could you people please stop replying to this moronic troll?

TYVM.

fu·til·i·ty
* Pronunciation: \fyü-?ti-l?-te-\
* Function: noun

1 : the quality or state of being futile : uselessness
2 : a useless act or gesture
3 : engaging in discourse with anyone who takes his name from a tropical
fruit

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old August 25th 09, 10:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default Are we justified to hate ComandanteBanana?

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:49:23 -0500, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

Yes indeed we are, for his cross-posted drivel.

Hate is rarely justified. Pity, yes, and killfile for sure.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
"Nullius in Verba" - take no man's word for it.
Old August 25th 09, 11:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:08:52 -0400, "Still Just Me -"
wrote:

Could you people please stop replying to this moronic troll?
TYVM.

Who, Sornson? Yeah, he is a brainwashed moron, but he can post here if
he wants.

The funny part is who Bill was replying to.

Guy
Old August 25th 09, 11:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

The funny part is who Bill was replying to.

You changed your user name just to post that? LOL

Bill "back to plonkitude, dude" S.

Old August 26th 09, 02:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Aug 24, 11:49 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Yes indeed we are, for his cross-posted drivel.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Celebrity culture is an opposite of community, informing us

Maybe you don't like what I say, huh?

We got the point about 500 messages ago.

Old August 26th 09, 09:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Nuxx Bar

On Aug 25, 5:48*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
On Aug 24, 10:27*pm, David Green wrote:

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:09:13 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
(Psychiatrists advise you to let your frustration and hate out... so
you become a man at peace. So here I go, I answer below)

Now don't be silly. **No-one* on uk.rec.cycling, except for Doug and
David Damerell, hates drivers. *Not in the least.

So Guy Chapman supports every single anti-motorist measure, and every
single car-related tax increase, and thinks drivers should be
prosecuted for making way for emergency vehicles: so what? *He doesn't
hate motorists. *He may *seem* to, in every way, but he says he
doesn't, so he must be telling the truth (it's not like it's part of
his agenda to lie about it).

The same with Spindrift: he may always blame the motorist whenever
there's a collision, and he may in every way *seem* to hate motorists,
but he doesn't; after all, he says he doesn't, and he's such an
obviously honest and balanced person that you simply must believe him.

No-one on URC hates motorists except Doug 'n' Dave. *Keep saying it to
yourself. *Dare to say otherwise and you'll be branded a "troll" for
life and censored in the new censored group. *If the car-haters want
to lie about hating cars because they believe that they'll get their
anti-motorist measures more easily if they pretend they're for
"safety" or "the environment" instead, then you'll just have to go
along with their deception. *Or else. *You don't want to get on the
wrong side of them...they're distinctly unhinged after all.

Picture this old man I met at the bike shop. He rides his antique bike
on the sidewalk, and this driver cuts him off, scrapes him and... goes
to check his paint.

Picture all those drivers who casually chat on the phone.

Picture all who pass on the "slow" lane.

Don't obstructively hog the "fast" lane, then. Can't have it both
ways: either the slower ones should keep left and the faster ones
should keep right, or neither is the case.
Old August 26th 09, 09:04 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Nuxx Bar

wrote:
Yes indeed we are, for his cross-posted drivel.

Hate is rarely justified.

So when are you going to attempt to justify your hatred of motorists?
Old August 26th 09, 06:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

Could you people please stop replying to this moronic troll?

TYVM.

fu·til·i·ty
* Pronunciation: \fyü-?ti-l?-te-\
* Function: noun

1 : the quality or state of being futile : uselessness
2 : a useless act or gesture
3 : engaging in discourse with anyone who takes his name from a tropical
fruit

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

The tropical fruit is because I live in a tropical republic, aka
Banana Republic.

Also because it appeals to the monkey.
Old August 26th 09, 07:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE 'FAST LANE' MEANS?

wrote:
[...]

should keep right, or neither is the case.- Hide quoted text -

When THE FAST AND FURIOUS can be on ANY lane, you get CHAOS AND
ANARCHY. And that's NOT very good for cyclists...

As I was waiting for the bus with my bike, one of those ROARING BEASTS
went by at insane speeds. Well, at least he was on the fast lane.

I'd put this question to Americans to see if they know what this
means...

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE 'FAST LANE' MEANS?

I bet most people would say they heard it in expressions like, "I live
in the fast lane," but nothing else.

(And now let's get serious with politics --perhaps the only solution
out CHAOS AND ANARCHY)

The Liberal Lion dies

You know who I'm talking about, "Ted" right? The point is that he was
a lion of high class, from "cradle," so to speak, and yet he was for
the underdog. And then there are "hungry lions," who get filthy rich
by muddy means, who don't want to hear about sharing, case in point
the debate over healthcare.

So the hope is that these liberal lions (or even conservative lions)
who are not hungry change the jungle --pretty much like the Europeans
did-- before we descend into "chaos and anarchy." Well, we already
have that on our roads...

Of course, we may also have a revolution and that's a rather
optimistic outlook.

"Ted Kennedy, liberal lion of US politics"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090826...20090826071911

Old August 26th 09, 07:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

wrote:
Yes indeed we are, for his cross-posted drivel.

Hate is rarely justified.

So when are you going to attempt to justify your hatred of motorists?

I hate them when they splash water all over me. Do you think it's
always, UNintentional?