learning to ride

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 08, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
gary2006uk

Default learning to ride

i returned to riding last year after 30 years off the bike.usualy did
over 12,000 miles a year.got a shock last year as i had lost the
confidence to push down on the pedal to start off.so i lowered the
seat,chose a quiet sloping hill with no traffic.started off touching
the floor,after an hour of this,i put my feet on the pedals and found
that once i started pedaling it was easier to balance the bike.took me
about 2 hours,then i was ok.im 62,but if i leave too long a time
gap,ie a month,im still a bit wary.its an ideal way to learn to ride.
gareth