OT Geek Chic

Old September 2nd 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default OT Geek Chic

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...630186-ap.html

This ain't no jive; particle physics rap is a hit on YouTube

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
EAST LANSING, Mich. - Who says science doesn't turn people on?

Kate McAlpine is a rising star on YouTube for her rap performance
about high-energy particle physics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3iryBLZCOQ

Large Hadron Rap

Bill C
Old September 2nd 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven Bornfeld

Bill C wrote:
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...630186-ap.html

This ain't no jive; particle physics rap is a hit on YouTube

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
EAST LANSING, Mich. - Who says science doesn't turn people on?

Kate McAlpine is a rising star on YouTube for her rap performance
about high-energy particle physics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3iryBLZCOQ

Large Hadron Rap

Bill C

See, I knew even before I became a science major that the nerd pack
wouldn't be a babe magnet. Now Devo has returned.
She does get points for having some subatomic particles strongly
resemble spirochetes.

Steve
Old September 2nd 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 1, 10:09*pm, Steven Bornfeld
wrote:

* * * * See, I knew even before I became a science major that the nerd pack
wouldn't be a babe magnet. *Now Devo has returned.
* * * * She does get points for having some subatomic particles strongly
resemble spirochetes.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

It's cool. If anything that the science fiction writers of the "Golden
Age" along with JFK's vision, in the Apollo Program, did they made it
cool to get an education, be an engineer and scientist. Used to
collect the "Tom Swift" books and others like that until I lost them
in a military move. There just seems to be a real shortage of books
and series glorifying science, education, etc...thse days. It's more
90210, Babysitter Club stuff. Loved Encyclopedia Brown, The Three
investigators, etc...
Sometimes a little propaganda is a good thing.
Bill C
Old September 2nd 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bill C" wrote in message

It's cool. If anything that the science fiction writers of the "Golden
Age" along with JFK's vision, in the Apollo Program, did they made it
cool to get an education, be an engineer and scientist. Used to
collect the "Tom Swift" books and others like that until I lost them
in a military move. There just seems to be a real shortage of books
and series glorifying science, education, etc...thse days. It's more
90210, Babysitter Club stuff. Loved Encyclopedia Brown, The Three
investigators, etc...

Let me tell you - engineers and most scientists are treated like garbage by
most American companies. That's why engineering schools are having such a
hard time getting qualified students.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Sep 1, 10:43*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message

It's cool. If anything that the science fiction writers of the "Golden
Age" along with JFK's vision, in the Apollo Program, did they made it
cool to get an education, be an engineer and scientist. Used to
collect the "Tom Swift" books and others like that until I lost them
in a military move. There just seems to be a real shortage of books
and series glorifying science, education, etc...thse days. It's more
90210, Babysitter Club stuff. Loved Encyclopedia Brown, The Three
investigators, etc...

Let me tell you - engineers and most scientists are treated like garbage by
most American companies. That's why engineering schools are having such a
hard time getting qualified students.

They're packed with qualified students - mostly from other countries.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 10:43 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Let me tell you - engineers and most scientists are treated like garbage
by
most American companies. That's why engineering schools are having such
hard time getting qualified students.

They're packed with qualified students - mostly from other countries.

You don't get it do you?

Old September 2nd 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Sep 2, 10:31*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 10:43 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Let me tell you - engineers and most scientists are treated like garbage
by
most American companies. That's why engineering schools are having such
hard time getting qualified students.

They're packed with qualified students - mostly from other countries.

You don't get it do you?

I'm hoping that once more God will channel Himself through you and you
will inform the masses of The One Truth.

....and One Kunich To Rule Them.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message

It's cool. If anything that the science fiction writers of the "Golden
Age" along with JFK's vision, in the Apollo Program, did they made it
cool to get an education, be an engineer and scientist. Used to
collect the "Tom Swift" books and others like that until I lost them
in a military move. There just seems to be a real shortage of books
and series glorifying science, education, etc...thse days. It's more
90210, Babysitter Club stuff. Loved Encyclopedia Brown, The Three
investigators, etc...

Let me tell you - engineers and most scientists are treated like garbage
by most American companies. That's why engineering schools are having
such a hard time getting qualified students.

Is there any industry in the states whose companies generally treats
its employees well (in your opinion)?

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old September 2nd 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Also, http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nerdcore
Old September 2nd 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

RicodJour wrote:
I'm hoping that once more God will channel Himself through you and you
will inform the masses of The One Truth.

You mean Cheney's intercom is wired into Kunich's I/O port ?